X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mkeatingss
    • Nov 2003

Another correction for the 1:72 Gato

Take a look at the stern planes. That guide pin on the pivot axel indicates the top. Now, look at the planes, the tops are flat! That just FEELS wrong, even to those who don't 'Know'.
    But all is not lost. I believe there is a drawing, of the stern planes, in the Floating Drydock Gato Plans Book. And I know there is one in their eBook. On page 57.

A section drawing of the plane show an, almost, tear-drop shape at the pivot point (near the hull). As you move out (towards the tip) it elongates and the bottom starts to flatten, and the top chamber reduces. At the tip of the plane, the plane is shaped, almost, like an aircraft wing.

The easiest way to fix this, seems be, to cut the pivot axel guide pin, off. Turn is upside down and fill and sand the 'new' bottom to shape. A tedious pain in the butt, but not as bad as it could have been.
    Mike K.
  • rokket
    • Oct 2005

capstan

Should be fixable with some filign and time! A resin replacement would be nice...

Capstan is a bit short and waaay to far aft as far as I can see based on looking at some plans and a few EB and Portsnouth boats.

Comment

Working...
    X