X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • big jim
    • Feb 2006

What is this?

If any of have the new "Warship Pictorial #28", on pages 4, 11, 12, 15, 20, 21, 23 there are photos showing some type of cover running down the top side of the hull and around the rear of the sub.

This is the first time that I have noticed this in pictures. There appears to be several different shapes and configurations. Can someone tell me what it is?
  • g2tiger
    • Feb 2003

answer to question

I have the Squadron Signal Publication, Warships number 28 in front of me and I think you are looking at the degaussing cables. The picture on pg 12 shows Wahoo 2 Augest 1942 from the stern with the "cables".

Also of interest is the fact that the boats removed the prop guard once in service.

My question, with respect to the model upper deck works. Most of the boats show a different flood hole pattern from what the model has. the model has the straight line opening while most of the boats pictured show a line of holes on a solid joint along the tanks.

This looks to be a lot of work to duplicate if one wants to make a boat that does not have the line seperation but has the holes.

Your thoughts?

Charlie

Comment

• big jim
      • Feb 2006

Degaussing, a subject that I

Degaussing, a subject that I would like to know more about how it was done. Thanks, Charlie

Comment

Working...
      X