X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goose814
    • Jul 2004

New Fleetboat Products from RC Subs

For those that are interested in photo-etch decks for the 1/72 Revell Gato, RC Subs has released several options.

The first is a 1942 center wooden deck set that contains the hatches for two lifeboats that these early Gato subs had. In addition, it contains photo-etch decking for the conning tower with extended aft cigarette deck sponsoons. Also, numerous other details are included. The link is here:

Second is a set similar to the first except it is a 1944 version with the elimination of one of the lifeboat hatches.

Lastly, he is currently developing a set that would replace the forward and aft steel decking with wooden photo-etch sections for the subs that had all wooden decks. The nice thing about this is that some of the modern detailing that the kit as well as the Eduard set have (such as the marker buoys) are depicted as they were during World War 2.

There is also a possibility of a USS Cod version if there is enough interest.
  • PaulC
    Administrator
    • Feb 2003

As you can see, Ota does great work. Be sure and check out his Revell U-boat and Moebius Skipjack frets as well. I will definitely use his Gato sheet for my Wahoo project (yes, I'm still working on it).

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 boat 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	127586
    Single boat Gato sheet.

Name:	1 boat 6.jpg
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	127587
    Boat detail.

Name:	gato 010.jpg
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	127588
    Dual boat Gato sheet.

Name:	gato 130.jpg
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	127589
    Bow and stern full wooden deck WIP.
    Last edited by PaulC; 05-19-2015, 07:27 PM.
    Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
    <><

Comment

• bob_eissler
      SubCommittee Member
      • Aug 2005

Wish he would do the limber holes on the sides so we would have the choice of a lot more boats to model.

Comment

• PaulC
        Administrator
        • Feb 2003

Bob, I've discussed it with Ota. He is focused on the full wooden deck right now but was considering the limber holes. I sent him some drawings to look over. Expressing your interest via his website wouldn't hurt.
        Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
        <><

Comment

• JWLaRue
          Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
          • Aug 1994

Oto did write a post about his PE products here: http://subcommittee.com/forum/showth...-SKIPJACK-1-72

Don't know how much he frequents this forum, but from his post (username) you could contact him directly via a PM or e-mail.

-Jeff
          Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• sgtmac1
            SubCommittee Member
            • Oct 2014

Is someone distributing his products in the US that we can buy from?

Comment

• PaulC
              Administrator
              • Feb 2003

Not that I'm aware of. You buy directly from Ota.
              Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
              <><

Comment

Working...
              X