• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subdude
    Official Peon
    • Feb 2003

1/32 Albacore and Marlin, 1/24 Type 23 for sale

Folks, I received the below from Skip Asay. I'm posting it in his behalf. Please ask questions or respond here, and Skip will get back with you. Jim

After almost 40 years, I've essentially lost my interest in RC subs. Add to that the fact that I need to pay the old lady off, I'm selling my scratch built 1/24 Type 23 (35 years old and still running like a top!) and my 1/32 Albacore and Marlin (package deal - both boats with a shared pressure hull). All are equipped with depth controls, pitch controls, operating periscopes/snorkels, speed controls, etc., etc. As for the Albacore and Marlin, both are trimmed such that you can run the Albacore for a while, take it out of the water, move the pressure hull into the Marlin and run. No need to re-trim. Anyone who has seen these boats in the water will vouch for them.

I want $2000 for the Albacore, Marlin and pressure hull and $2500 for the Type 23.

More descriptive explanations available with serious inquiries only please.

Skip Asay
    SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time.....)
  • dmarquez3014
    SubCommittee Member
    • Dec 2011

Re: 1/32 Albacore and Marlin, 1/24 Type 23 for sale

Hi Skip,

Do you have any photos of the boats you can post or a video?

I know someone who is interested in the Marlin kit but as far as I know the revised kit is not yet available.

David Marquez SC #3014

Comment

• bob_eissler
      SubCommittee Member
      • Aug 2005

Can't believe I missed this post. Skip, you have been missed at Caramel already . You are truly one of the legends in this hobby. If you are really serious, get hold of me about the Marlin and Albacore. Let's see what we can work out.

Comment

• skip asay
        • Feb 2003

DMarquez3014 - Keep your eyes on http://www.rcsubs.com. I've put my Type 23 on there and should have the Albacore and Marlin up soon. Please note that these are not kits but assembled ready to run boats. Since there is only one pressure hull which is shared by both boats, this is a package deal. (Unless someone wants just a bare hull.)

Skip Asay

Comment

Working...
        X