X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tompinnell
    • Jun 2010

Wanted 32nd Parallel Type XXIII

Hi, I am looking for a 1:32 scale Type XXIII for my father. Would like either an unstarted kit or part built, 32nd Parallel is preferred or the Models by Design type XXIII not sure which is better? Cheers Tom

Re: Wanted 32nd Parallel Type XXIII

Better still get a Bronco models Type XXIII.

Comment

• tompinnell
      • Jun 2010

Yeah I did say to him about the Bronco one and then get a Subdriver to go in it, but he wants to run it with mine (if I ever finish one of them) which are both 1:32 scale hence the request.

Comment

Only about 10% difference in size, but if it has to be 32 or nothing then I would lean towards the Darnell/MBD hull, as it's GRP which I always favour over unreinforced thermoplastic hulls, as it's very much tougher and easier to repair.

Comment

BTW MBD have sold the submarine tools to Mountfleet models (passed on yet again), so if you're interested in one of thos ehulls you should contact them, not MBD.

The proprietor is a model submariner himself so these tools may get some corrections/updates, which they would certainly benefit from IMO.

Comment

• jettjettson
            • Apr 2011

I HAVE A 32ND PARALLEL TYPE XX111 NEVER BEEN IN THE WATER BUILT BY A MEMBER FROM FRANCE IF YOUR INTERESTED, JERRY ABELSON JETTJETTSON@GMAIL.COM

Comment

• jure george
              • Jul 2005

Hey tompinnell

I sent you a PM 4 days ago, let me know if your still looking for the submarine hull.

Thanks

George

Comment

Working...
              X