• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rbr687
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2014

Wanted Sturgeon long hull kit

I’m looking to purchase a 1:96 scale or larger Sturgeon long hull kit or short hull and plans.

Thanks
  • bechinn
    • Mar 2014

Re: Wanted Sturgeon long hull kit

Hi. I have a Manta Submarines Sturgeon class SSN in 1/72 scale. It has all of the parts in the kit for RC use. There are planes for the sail, propeller (screw) and all of the tail control planes. I can send you pics if you need (I will have to take the pics first). The hull has (almost all?) of the various openings scribed at the (presumably) correct locations. A set of plans is included. I am asking $350 for this kit. This is a fantastic model in fibreglass. I have too many hobbies and kits going on, so I am scaling back on this.

I was in the Navy for six years as an Electronics Technician (ETN2) and nuclear reactor operator. At the Nuclear Power School, we were taught the S5W plant which is the basic submarine power plant for all of the early SSN's and SSBN's. I attended the A1W/A4W prototype in Idaho. I was on the USS Truxtun CGN35, which had two of the D2G power plants.

Please let me know if you're interested. I live in Alameda, CA. /s/ Barry Chinn

Comment

• PaulC
      Administrator
      • Feb 2003

Barry,

My first kit was a Manta Sturgeon. They were nice kits.

Thank you for your service!
      Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
      <><

Comment

• bechinn
        • Mar 2014

Hello everyone,

Please be advised that the Manta Sturgeon long hull kit is no longer available (from a prior posting). I was glad to have it and also glad that it found a new owner.

/s/ Barry Chinn

Comment

Working...
        X