• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mickm
    • May 2004

OTW Type VII for sale **SOLD**

Hi guys,
    I just have not had the time to complete my OTW Type VII so I am putting it up for sale.
    There is what I have:
    OTW fiberglass hull, all flooding vents cut and sanded, brass decking (all brass soldered on entire boat) OTW dive module (all bells and whistles you can get) Torpedo area in bow made to look like real with internal bracing, flooring doors, tubes. Custom made two tube torpedo system installed. One finished torpedo comes along with a carrying case for 4. OTW fiberglass tower. Custom antenna housing on port side added as well as all tubing, working radar loop, antenna. Wintergarden raises, swivels and rotates manually. Scopes sleeved but not connected. Comes with rc aircraft retract system to operate scopes. All hatches open and close. Deck hatches hide on/off switch and charge valve for scopes. Stern tube in place but not torpedo system for it (lack of room). Deck gun mounted and swivels. Tower fastened to decking. Bow planes working ready to be hooked to servo. All stern planes, rudders etc. in place finished. Props/shafts/stuffing boxes in place.
    Everything painted in automotive etching primer. Futaba 6 channel radio (air frequency), receiver, transmitter, Aluminum carrying case. Custom made oak display stand with German U-Boat medals attached.
    90% of all hard work is completed. I will build a create to ship but it must be insured.
    Boat was featured in the SCR a couple years back.
    I am asking $3250.00 for everything.

• mickm
    • May 2004

Re: OTW Type VII for sale

I forgot to list one very important item I have for this uboat. I have the OTW dive module.
    Dive and Leveling Systems

This system is built into a plexiglass tube. It comes completely assembled. All you need to supply are a radio receiver (FM, NOT PCM) and three servos. The module comes with the following items:
    •Two drive motors complete with motor mounts and waterproof shaft housings for the propeller shafts.
    •A speed controller rated up to 30 amps.
    •A BEC, which allows you to run the whole system AND the radio off a 12V battery.
    •A pitch controller, which keeps your submarine straight and level underwater.
    •Reversible water pump and hydraulic valve.
    •Electronic pump management system that is complete with two failsafe modes.
    •Three ballast tank probes.
    •Three stainless steel pushrods and clevises.
    •Three waterproof silicone rubber bellows for the control rods.
    •Two waterproof external battery connectors, one positive and one negative.
    •A set of three baffles in the ballast tank.

The electronic components are mounted on two easily removable trays. All internal connectors are of the Tamiya type. 90% of the components are produced in-house.

Price reduced to $3000. This is less than I paid for the kit. Oh, and the torpedo system has been tested and fires perfectly.

Cheers!
    Mickm

Comment

• mickm
      • May 2004

Re: OTW Type VII for sale

I do not know why but I cannot edit the title to this post, so I am posting here.
      This "OTW Type VII has been sold!"

cheers!
      Mickm

Comment

Working...
      X