Engel Typhoon & type VII !!Has been sold!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prunetucky
    • May 2024

Engel Typhoon & type VII !!Has been sold!!

These kits have been sold.
    Thanks to all that contacted me about them. I did sell it to the first person that said they wanted the lot.
    I'm looking forward to seeing these built.

We are moving from Central California to Florida and I need to lighten the load, so these need to find a better home.
    The first one is an unstarted Engel Typhoon TAE with the conning tower mechanism (periscopes go up and down). It is totally complete and has a step by step assembly manual I printed out from an on-line source with lots of photos and tips. Of course it has all of the original manuals and full size plans too, but the one I downloaded is very helpful.

The second one is a 32nd parallel (I think) Type VII hull with tons of parts including a complete photo etch brass deck and sail. It also has a really nice set of dive plans and rudders with super detail. It also has some plane jane rudders too, so I guess you can keep them for another project. There is also a torpedo kit for launching torpedos with compressed air. There are tubes and a little air tank, etc. The prop shafts have been installed in the hull (nicely) and it has lead shot resined into the keel. Also two bulkheads have been put in. This hull is about 83 inches long (7 foot ish). This hull is VERY detailed with scale looking seams and rivets. It would actually make a great looking scale model because of it's detail.

The third one is a Type IX hull, but I don't know the manufactor of it. There is a GRP sail assembly, but no deck. It has not been started at all. There are two prop shafts and props for it as well as the dive plane and rudder sets. I don't know the scale, but it is 63 inches long.

Then there are the small parts.....TONS of them. These are for both the Type VII and the Type IX. There are so many I can't list them all and there are more than you see in the photos. These are metal, resin and photo etch brass.

I am asking $1600 for everything...plus shipping. This is a lot less than the Engel alone. If you are around Central California you can pick them up and save a lot for shipping because that Type VII is too big for USPS and UPS. I have heard of people cutting them up for shipping and if you want I would do that (although I would hate it), but I would do it right at the spot you request.....right after it's paid for
    If you have any questions you may call me at 831-663-2859 I live in Prunedale CA just outside of Salinas.

• sam reichart
    Past President
    • Feb 2003

Re: Engel Typhoon & 32nd Parallel type VII & more

your type VII sounds like at OTW kit.
    your type IX sounds like a scale shipyard hull.

where's the photos?

Comment

• bob the builder
      Former SC President
      • Feb 2003

Re: Engel Typhoon & 32nd Parallel type VII & more

PM sent!
      The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

• sam reichart
        Past President
        • Feb 2003

Re: Engel Typhoon & type VII !!PENDING sale!!

yeah, that's an OTW Type VII, and a Scale Shipyard Type IX. Someone just got a killer deal.

Comment

• warpatroller
          • Feb 2006

Re: Engel Typhoon & type VII !!PENDING sale!!

In regards the the Type VII model that is in the photos, it is an OTW, but the torpedoes, launch tubes, and gas cylinder, are all 32nd Parallel items.

Comment

Working...
          X