• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mickster
    • May 2004

For Sale: 1/50 Engel Gato

FOR SALE: GATO SS212 with Diving System TAE

She is mostly built as far as the inside goes. The deck, tower and all the extras are not started. I have done a neat job on installing all. All you will need is Rx and Tx. Stand not included. I am sure many questions so I will be short and get the ball rolling.

Please see the Engel web site for more info:

I am asking $1800 or best offer. Will split shipping with you.
    Thank you for looking

email ModelsbyMickster@gra.midco.net with questions.

GATO SS212 Model Submarine
    Scale 1/50
    The Gato class was one of the most innovative weapon systems of the U.S. Navy during World War II.

The SS212 was one of three submarines of this class that were to be built by the Electric Boat Company at Groton, CT.

The model features clearly defined vent holes, minute deck fittings, including radar scanners, periscopes, anchor, handrails and guns. The conning tower as well as many of the fittings and all guns are cast in resin. The minute details of the model and its awesome 6 ½ foot length are more than impressive …

The GATO will run smoothly surfaced, dive to a depth of up to six feet and run submerged just inches below the surface. It is powered by two electric motors, which propel twin brass propellers. At its heart is a reduction gear system, which delivers power from the motors to the propellers so efficiently, there is no excessive strain on the motors, no rapid depletion of the motor battery, thus, reaching a running time of up to 2 hours.

The hull unit and the pressure proof compartment are all made of glass fibre. The pressure proof compartment is reinforced by steel inlays and is glued into the lower hull with the Polyester laminating resin and the Micro-Balloons supplied with the kit.

Kit includes]ModelsbyMickster@gra.midco.net[/url].

• crowman17
    • May 2010

Re: For Sale: 1/50 Engel Gato

Is the sub still for sale?

Marc

Comment

• tmsmalley
      SubCommittee Member
      • Feb 2003

Re: For Sale: 1/50 Engel Gato

I notice he says "Please email with any questions. ModelsbyMickster@gra.midco.net"

Comment

Working...
      X