• thistle
    • Oct 2008

Sheerline Akula For Sale, England,UK

FOR SALE - RUSSIAN “AKULA” 44” x 5” by SHEERLINE MODEL SUBMARINES
    Complete Kit, plus Radio, additional Electronics and fittings
    Sale is for everything as one complete lot
    Based England,UK

What Sheerline say about their kit

The Akula is a “complete kit” by which we mean everything to complete this boat is in the box. This boat is designed to go together really quickly with the minimum of fuss and build time. It is moulded in the same top quality gel coat and glass fibre as our larger boats and is fully detailed with all hatch lines and tile pattern in the pre- coloured surface finish. All parts to complete this boat are supplied and machined ready to fit. All control surface holes are pre-drilled with the exception of the water inlet holes. The dive unit is already assembled for you and only requires the radio and speed controller to be fitted. This is an exceedingly easy boat to build, requiring only a few simple tools and is aimed at the modeller who wants to go from the workbench to the water in the minimum time.

Additional Electronics and Fittings
    AsTEC HFR15 fwd/rev Speed Controller
    Engel SPC-Pro1 Submarine Pitch Controller

Prop Shop 7 blade Brass Scimitar Prop
    Engel 1]Description of the Boat[/b]
    The kit is partially assembled, the Eden WTC has all servos fitted, the ballast control CAM has been profiled and fitted, the Speed Controller and control plane servos have been fitted, the SPC-Pro1 has been attached to the WTC , connected through to the servo but the motor sensor connection have not been soldered. The r/c receiver has been fitted.

The Fibreglass hull has been drilled as per the Sheerline instructions, plus limbar holes have been opened.
    The original control planes were fitted then removed to accommodate the more ‘scale’ look of the Engel supplied parts; this will require additional mouldings to be made to accommodate the scale components. The original Sheerline parts are still 100% serviceable and will be supplied along with the alternate Engel parts.

A complete book will be supplied that I have compiled which includes extensive background on the real submarine, printed images and other information printed off the internet.
    The book has all supplied Sheerline, Engel, Robbe and AsTEC instructions, plus all original receipts.

I have files from the website I started when initially building the kit, the website is no longer active but I can supply the files if you would like to see and read exactly what you are buying. I can also provide images of the kit and parts as listed on request for now until I work out how to upload images on a post.

I need some realistic offers in British Pounds please.
    I have no idea how much shipping would be for all this, we would need to work that out once a deal has been agreed.

I have not listed on ebay , as its full of submarine toy rubbish

I am based in central England, UK,

Many thanks for reading all of this

[/i]

£10.

£10.

Comment

• Wheelerdealer
      • Jun 2006

I'll see your £10 and

I'll see your £10 and raise you £90. £100.
      Thistle, you need to post some picture before people can figure out what they are willing to pay. Would be interesting how the Engle planes compare with the originals as they are different scales.

Comment

• thistle
        • Oct 2008

You guys like your fun

You guys like your fun ....Ha,Ha

however if you are interested I have images but do not have acces to external image hosting or whatever the FAQ talks about to link in images rather than attach to this post.

If someone can help me with images then I can post them otherwise if you are really interested in buying a Sheerline Akula then pm me with an email address and I will send you a zipped file with all the pics,

thanks

Comment

• thistle
          • Oct 2008

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr326/splodge1275/Resized_Akula1.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr326/splodge1275/Resized_Akula3.jpg

Comment

It's really a lot easier

It's really a lot easier to flog an item(s) if you list a price. You must have an idea of what you'd consider an acceptable price. Realistically, you can't expect much more than 50-70% of what you paid for the whole package, regardless of whether it's never been out of the box. Unfortunately that's the way it works.

A second point to make is that you may find it easier to sell your stuff if you split the package. A 40MHZ set will not be of any interest to a U.S buyer, and most modellers will already have a decent battery charger(s).

I think the SPC Pro1 leveller would sell well on it's own- the only leveller I know of that operated in reverse as well as forwards.

Personally, I'd look to sell the boat separately, then flog the radio set and other electronics.

Nice taste in cars BTW.

Comment

Working...
            X