X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evets
    • Mar 2007

Need drycock and clever chief of boat in Denver area

So a number of years ago I met an ailing WWII submariner. Overtime became apparent he wanted his 32nd parallell Fleet boat to go to someone who would love it and keep it (that's me!). Problem is boat is nonoperational largely because of some out of date issues (air compression system) and some other technical factors. Radio is good and overall boat is in fine shape. I want to return the boat to patrol but need an advanced modeler in the Denver metro area that would like to make some money and refit the thing. Any chief of the boat out there? Nope not interested in selling, promised Frank I would not
  • boomerfunker
    SubCommittee Member
    • Mar 2003

Hi there, and welcome to

Hi there, and welcome to the SubCommittee!

You have come to the right place to get that boat in the water and running. In Denver I highly recommend you look up the Colorado Crew. Their website: http://www.thecoloradocrew.org/ can put you in touch with several able submarine modelers and they are all great guys to a man.

Also in June they usually have their annual regatta in Denver which would be a great opportunity for you to see their boats in action and ask some questions. Some of them frequent this board as well.

Good Luck

TomK

Comment

Working...
    X