X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doc
    • Feb 2007

Beginner

HI all Im new and would love to get into a RC Sub -- U-Boat TypeV11c but as i have little $ to play with ill have to try my own build if possible. I understand it is possible to convert a model into a RC sub ? true? I know the revell seems popular. Id like a 1/32 scale. A local hooby shop informes me that not just any model will work, and that the revell model works as it displaces water correctly. WEll am i not wrong that if any model is done correctly to scale then it to should displace water properly????. Any info would be greatly appreciated, so for now i will search out for a 1/32 scale model. doctrans@hotmail.com "Doc" BC Canada

Have a look at Big

Have a look at Big Dave's site-

Plastic kits make excellent conversions, ignore the guy in the model shop he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I'd keep it small if you don't have a lot of money to spare. Subs ain't a cheap game, and it tends to get more expensive as the size increases.

Andy

Comment

• doc
      • Feb 2007

Thanks Andy thats about what

Thanks Andy thats about what i figured and ill stick to the size i want, The fun is tryin to come up with and design my own ballast system >> Static the only way to go" Ill keep my eyes open for a good controler and servos. Feel free at anytime to send advice , hints or if you come across somethin " Doc" One Shot one Kill

Comment

There are two 1/32 scale

There are two 1/32 scale Type VII boats on the market.

Engel do a very complete kit, but it is very expensive-

OTW designs also do a very nice Type VII. This model predates the Engel, and has a slightly more authentic 'lived in' look to my mind. A dive module/wtc custom made for this boat is available from the same company.

A third alternative, not yet available, is a kit rumoured for release in late 2007. It'a 1/32nd Type VII plastic kit by Trumpeter. Cost is projected at £100 ($200) which is very cheap for a model that size.

Add your own self-built dive module, and you can be in the water for under $400.

Andy

Andy

Comment

• doc
          • Feb 2007

Yes ive seen the OTC

Yes ive seen the OTC Kit complete with ballast ect for around $1400.00 Cnd,a nice lookin kit>> Ive also seen a sweet kit at a geocities site for a japanize Kit includeing a 4 torpedo system and moving periscope but cant find a $$ on it but id imagine its Costly. Im in no hurry ill look around and wait for what i want. Doc "These germans really know how to build a boat!" U-571

Comment

Working...
          X