• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam reichart
    Past President
    • Feb 2003

Out of Production Thor Sturgeon for Auction

[color=#000000]Another posting from over at SubPirates....

Out of Production Thor Sturgeon for Auction to help Steve

Guys,

I have another brand new kit to put up for silent auction to aid Steve and his lovely Wife.

I have a new, unbuilt, still in box Thor 1/96 Sturgeon kit! This kit has been out of production for many years now. This kit was ThorDesign's first kit released in 1991. This is the absolute last kit of this I have. There are no more available. This kit is pristine!

minimum bid $250.00

Please help make this a success. Enjoy a VERY rare kit and help a buddy out in the process! What can be better than that?

Please submit your silent bit to me at iticonsultants@yahoo.com or PM me at SubPirates.

Thanks, Guys!

Matt

edit]

Edited By sam reichart on 1141609934
  • Scale Shipyard / WLU
    • Feb 2003

Sam]http://www.subcommittee.com/forum/icon_cool.gif

I do have to

[color=#000000]Sam]http://www.subcommittee.com/forum/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I do have to add that the Sturgeon kit is not out of production, Scale Shipyard owns the masters, intermediat molds, production masters and molds for this sturgeon kit, this kit is in production and is currently $329.00 + S&H from Scale Shipyard

I might also add that the original wood masters as well as the detailed production masters and molds/tooling for the Thor 1]
    W.L. Upshaw

The Scale Shipyard - Maker of the largest selection of quality large scale fiberglass model ship hulls, fittings and running gear.
    SUPPLYING YOUR HOBBY IS NOT OUR HOBBY

Comment

Just a quick note,

In January,

Just a quick note,

In January, Atomic Subs commissioned our own line of 1/96 Sturgeon, LA FLT II & III kits as well. These super detailed, epoxy resin kits will be built to the same exacting standards found in the ThorDesign and that are world famous.

These new kits will be exclusive to Atomic Subs. Also, the ThorDesign
      1/72 ALFA is currently undergoing retooling to embody the latest information collected on that class. Both Antoine Lenormand and Wayne Frey are actively involved with this project and are helping to assure the most accurate ALFA on the market to date!

No further ThorDesign ALFA's will be produced until the latest version is complete so get ready... She'll gonna be amazing.

We still have one ALFA in stock if you can't wait!

OH, not to forget, the Neill Design 1/72 BlueBack and our own 1/48 S-Boats... coming to a pond near you soon!

Edited By Atomic Subs on 1141835124

Comment

• georget
        SubCommittee Member
        • Mar 2004

WOW. Way to hijack this

WOW. Way to hijack this thread! Nice. And what are those companies donating to help out Steve's family??
        George

Comment

Well George,

No hijacking intended. just

Well George,

No hijacking intended. just posting the information. If you'll take a look... Steve's Blueback kit is noted as one of the upcoming kits that I will be selling. Which kit are you bidding on? There all awesome kits. Bid early and bid ofter to help Steve!

BTW George, you should e-mail Steve and ask what Atomic Subs has done to help.

Lyle (Atomic Subs)

Edited By Atomic Subs on 1141835345

Comment

• georget
            SubCommittee Member
            • Mar 2004

I did bid on one

I did bid on one of those fine boats. Lyle nice of you to help out a fellow member. I've always been impressed with your kits!
            George

Comment

Thanks George,

Lyle

Thanks George,

Lyle

Comment

• liftmys10
                • Nov 2004

Please excuse my ignorance but

Please excuse my ignorance but who is Steve? Got any pics of the sub thats on silent auction?

Comment

• sam reichart
                  Past President
                  • Feb 2003

Please excuse my ignorance but

Please excuse my ignorance but who is Steve? Got any pics of the sub thats on silent auction?
                  Steve is Steve Neill. If you have been following the build thread here on the site on the scratchbuilt Type XVII, then you've seen the man and his work.

Steve has had some really, really crappy stuff happen to himself and his family. A few folks thought it would be nice to help out.

The SSN-21 that is being auctioned off can be seen on the Amtomic Sub website. IF you email Lyle and ask, he may send you one or the others. The D&E Skipjack can be seen in some pics on David's website, in the PDF catalog.

Comment

Working...
                  X