• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thierryc
    • Feb 2003

Heavily modified Engel Typhoon

I have a very modified Engel Typhoon.
    The scale is 1/100. The boat is completely finished and works
    perfectly. The boat has been modified to have more realistic free flooding holes on the decks, tower and hull. The WTC has been totally redone with a much bigger opening, more screws, a lexan lid and a 4mm o-ring. The lid has a separate opening for the battery so that you don't have to unscrew the entire lid to remove the battery from the
    hull to recharge it. The battery is a 6V 12A gel-cell.
    The boat has independent running propellers (6 bladded cimitar) using two (included) speed controls (Traxxas XL-1). The speed controls are watercooled (a small fuel pump sucks in cold water and removes the warm water).
    The boat has working retractable dive planes (they extend/retract and go up and down), working periscopes, running lights.The front dive planes are independant from the rear dive planes.The boat uses two engel pistons to dive, and has the engel failsafes]http://sub-systems.dyndns.org/Subcom-on/forum/Dcp05173.jpg[/img]

Edited By ThierryC on 1060376078
  • edward
    • Feb 2003

Hi there,
    Have meditated on responding

Hi there,
    Have meditated on responding for some time now. Have lusted for a Typhoon since D Copeland days. I know how much the kit is. I can guess what the construction time was.. But I have no idea of what a serious "offer " for this boat might be. Would it be possible for you to tell me some ballpark number that you are thinking about with regards to this. Maybe then I can carry this conversation farther.. I would appreciate it very much. Like I said..I have thought about this awhile now as I certainly do not need another boat but common sense does not apply here. Thank you
    edw

Comment

• thierryc
      • Feb 2003

Can you email me at

Can you email me at thierryc@quadro.net and I will give you more information ??

Comment

Working...
      X