• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FormerlyPetn7
    • Mar 2024

FS: Trumpeter 1/144 Seawolf and Custom WTC

SOLD!

Asking price: $400 (OBO) + shipping (will only ship to USA buyers only).

I am selling my former prized boat: the heavily modified 1/144 Seawolf. The hull comes from the Trumpeter plastic model kit. The WTC is custom made using parts from all over the place, including Merriman/Caswell fittings.

The WTC is designed to use a 6 cell AA NiMH battery pack (not included), but could run off of a comparable lithium pack. However, you'd need to add some ballast toward the bow to compensate for the lighter battery. The RX is old school, Channel 61 (that's on the surface 75 MHz band) and has 4 channels for rudder, stern planes, throttle and ballast. The ballast system is RCABS.

The screw is brass, and I think I ordered ir from Loyalhanna Dockyards. The motor came from Small World Models. All wiring plugs use Deans Micro connectors (old and new versions).

For payment, I accept Paypal (Friends and Family only due to accounting rules) or you can mail a USPS money order. I'm in Western, KY for a possible in-person exchange if you're interested.

The pictures should answer most of the questions you might have, but here are a few disclaimers or notes about this sale:

1. The hull and WTC setup worked perfectly the last time it was run. But the last time this was run was probably back in...2008 or maybe 2010? So this has been in storage for more than a decade. As a result, the seals may have deteriorated and it's possible the RCABS system has a leak. The paint job has certainly gone to crap, as you can see in the photos. Also, some of the plastic has cracked, so while the hull is functional as is, it needs plenty of TLC to get it back to optimum condition.

2. No transmitter or battery for the submarine is included.

3. Both the WTC and hull come in special, custom-made cases. These provide excellent protection and I'll uses these cases to help protect the items during shipment. If I recall correctly, the clear plastic used for the hull is polycarb so yeah, cost me about $50 or so more than 10 years ago. Also, the webbing/straps used for the cases are all hand sewn.

4. I am selling this as is and buyers should consider this as a restoration project. Therefore, my $400.00 price is negotiable. There's also the fact that I've been out of the R/C sub hobby for more than a decade so I'm not aware of what the going price of something like this could be. If you want to tell me that my price is too high (or too low), please feel free, but explain why and I'll be all ears.

5. The weights are lead-free, but not tungsten.

6. I'm using a new screen name, but I'm an old user here. I used to go by "petn7" but have long forgotten my sign in information for that account.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by FormerlyPetn7; 04-19-2024, 09:24 AM.
  • bob the builder
    Former SC President
    • Feb 2003

Shot you a message. Let's make it happen!
    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

• FormerlyPetn7
      • Mar 2024

Just replied to your message.

Sale pending
      Last edited by FormerlyPetn7; 04-19-2024, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X