• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wlambing
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2003

1:48 SSY Gato Class Hull & Stuff for sale

1/48 Scale Shipyard hull in gray primer. MBT flood ports and fuel ballast tank valves cut-out/engraved per USS Icefish dry docking plan. Comes with; 2-3/16" stainless prop shafts, OTW 4.25" saddles installed, 2 prop shaft "A" struts with Rulon bearings, an Engel Gato Class sail with 'scope shears, Dr. David Tanguay sail watertight lockers and cast resin radar mast, HR deck hatches & cleats, 2- Shapeways 5"/25, Mk 40 gun mounts. Plus, research pictures for USS Hake (SS-256). She was a "Barge Buster" later in her war life. I have had this thing for almost 20 years and just haven't gotten around to doing anything more with it. I got interested in Hake when I was asked to decipher her battle flag that was snagged up from the bottom of Long Island Sound by a fishing boat. Surprisingly, the wool material was in very good condition and the flag is now preserved. This hull also comes with 1 set of cast resin control surfaces and 2 Raebosch LH & RH scale 4 blade propellers.
    $750 USD plus shipping (US only).

I can't post pictures here but there will be a set added shortly! Look in the replies below.

Thank you for your interest and consideration, take care,

Bill​
    Last edited by wlambing; 10-04-2023, 09:37 PM.
  • wlambing
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2003

Since there has been no interest, this hull is withdrawn from the marketplace and will likely be fought over by ghouls after my demise!

Comment

• bob the builder
      Former SC President
      • Feb 2003

Bill,

I thought I'd replied to this, but apparently it didn't take.

I think the issue is that you're pushing the upper limit of the package value, and without photos it's nearly impossible to entice anyone to bump up their willingness to part with their money.

If you're having issues uploading pics, email them to me and I'll put them up here for you.

Bob
      The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

• wlambing
        SubCommittee Member
        • Feb 2003

Bob, You are not losing it! I had posted the same item on your ND forums. You had answered there yesterday. I'll sit on it for a while more.

Comment

• bob the builder
          Former SC President
          • Feb 2003

New photos per Bill's request.
          Attached Files
          The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

Working...
          X