X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lakesuperior
    • Jan 2021

thunder tiger

looking for a Thunder Tiger Neptune SB-1 RC Submarine RTR Model 5220 to buy.
  • hampboats
    • Nov 2005

I know someone locally in Indianapolis that mentioned recently that they may want to sell theirs. If you are interested in possible pick up in Indy at the sub regatta, send me an email and I will forward it on to him. dhampton@ameritech.net.

Comment

• lakesuperior
      • Jan 2021

did you get my email

Comment

• schmitty
        • Aug 2006

Did you find one yet? I have two now so would sell one. I bought one on ebay just a month or so ago. Paid sort of a lot for it in unknown condition. Then had to replace the main battery, the radio (although the original radio did work) and spent a lot of time getting it all working, runs great now though and has a neat extra feature of flood lamps you can turn on and off from the transmitter.

I bought some models from a local friend yesterday and ended up with another Neptune. Not surprisingly all batteries are dead. Are you looking for "ready to run" or project?

Jason

Click image for larger version

Name:	nep2 small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	135959

Comment

• lakesuperior
          • Jan 2021

looking for ready to run.

Comment

• lakesuperior
            • Jan 2021

If it only needs batteries that would work

Comment

• schmitty
              • Aug 2006

Click image for larger version

Name:	neptoons1.jpg
Size:	377.9 KB
ID:	135960Click image for larger version

Name:	neptoons2.jpg
Size:	441.2 KB
ID:	135961Click image for larger version

Name:	neptoons3.jpg
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	135962

Well here is what I have. Neptune #1 is fully working with new NIMH 3.8AH main drive battery, the original battery is lead acid and only 2.2AH so the Nimh gives you a lot more run time. It has flood and navigation lights plus strobe lights all of which can be turned an/off from the transmitter. The radio with it is a Futaba T6XA PCM on 72mhz if you would rather have the original Ace sea commander on 75mhz I can switch it back. A previous owner painted it yellow over the yellow plastic (no idea why) and in a few places the paint is chipping off most noticeably on the bow planes and it looks cosmetically a bit scruffy because of this. I paid sort of a lot for this one plus the batteries, radio, lead for ballast etc. I'd need to get $600 plus shipping

Neptune #2 is in better cosmetic condition except it has some corrosion on the external metal parts. It is all stock and original. Original lead acid battery is completely dead. Ace sea commander radio turns on but battery for it likely needs replaced as well. I've only had it a couple days. No idea if it works at all or not. As is $400 If I replace batteries and get it all working $600

They do come up for cheap from time to time ($200-350) almost always not working with dead batteries. The last few I've seen on ebay have not been cheap. I'm in the Seattle area. I'm always interested in trades.

Jason

Comment

• lakesuperior
                • Jan 2021

we will take neptune 1 he wants it to be 75mhz.
                thanks

Comment

• Rowdy Yates
                  • Oct 2019

Wouldn't mind finding one of the old Neptune's, but looks like they're rare as hen's teeth now. (Also pretty dang expensive now - seen one overseas going for almost as much as a big fibreglass kit!)

Comment

• Oldus Fartus
                    • Jul 2016

I am interested in Neptune #2 as is.

What frequency band is the radio?

Comment

• schmitty
                      • Aug 2006

I did sell Neptune #1 to Lakesuperior. I wasn't wanting to sell both boats, just giving the option of either one. He wanted it with the original Ace sea commander on 75mhz. The other boat also still has the original Ace radio at this point. The Neptune is the perfect pool sub. Let me think about if I want to sell Neptune #2, I'm always interested in trades.

Jason

Comment

• Oldus Fartus
                        • Jul 2016

OK send me a PM if you change your mind.
                        Pete

Comment

• schmitty
                          • Aug 2006

Here's one on eBay for the bargain price of $1500. It is new old stock but that means it will still need at least the batteries replaced.

Comment

Working...
                          X