• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob the builder
    Former SC President
    • Feb 2003

Clearing out Sub kits!

I've got boats sitting here that I want to liquidate to clear up room and cash flow. Take a gander, and if you're looking to update your fleet, let me know! If I don't clear them out within, say, a week, I'm throwing them up on eBay.

1.) Scaleships Akula - brand new kit, complete. Normally $400 (with delivery to the US). Sale price: $299 plus shipping
    2.) Scaleships Oscar - brand new kit, complete. These are no longer in production if Vladimir is to believed. If you're interested, you better move fast!. Normally $600, Sale price: $499
    3.) OTW Surcouf - brand new, complete. Normally $1,136. Sale price: $899
    4.) Submarineworks Ohio - brand new - complete. Includes 96th scale ASDS kit!: Normally $1500. Sale price: $1199

One of each in stock and one only at these prices. Let's get these gone!*

Thanks, everyone!

Bob
    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com
  • Parallax
    SubCommittee Member
    • Aug 2017

Hi Bob,
    I am interested in the Scaleships Akula. Is there a specific link on your website I should hit to order?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    mike.architzel@yahoo.com

Comment

• bob the builder
      Former SC President
      • Feb 2003

I gotchoo, Mike. Check your inbox for an invoice. Once you pay, I'll adjust the posting here to remove the Akula (It's gorgeous).
      The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

• Parallax
        SubCommittee Member
        • Aug 2017

Hi Bob,
        Thank you so much, I just sent payment. Do you have an recommendations for WTC size for the Akula? Looking forward to putting it together!

Comment

• JWLaRue
          Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
          • Aug 1994

Mike,

We'll need to schedule a SubComEast SubBuild Day once you get the Akula in your hands. We can test fit a number of different size and type of dive modules so you can make a decision.

-Jeff
          Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• bob the builder
            Former SC President
            • Feb 2003

Michael,

The model is about 48" long with a 5" beam. A 3.5" cylinder would be ideal for it. If you want to spring for an OTW 4.25" diameter unit, there should be room in there, but it would be tight.

Comment

• eckloss
              • Nov 2003

Jeff, not to hijack this thread, but I second another build day.

Comment

• JWLaRue
                • Aug 1994

The standard OTW 110mm (4.33 inches) dive module could be very tight. The smaller 90mm (3.54 inches) version may be the best fit size-wise as Bob has indicated. I have both sizes on hand, to which you are more than welcomed to do a trial fit to see which size you prefer.

-Jeff

p.s. Erich - agreed. I'll get with Jim and see what kind of potential dates we can come up with.
                Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• Parallax
                  SubCommittee Member
                  • Aug 2017

Hi Bob,
                  I think Ill start looking at roughly the 3.5" cylinder as you suggest. I've been working on the plug for a 1/72 scale Sturgeon class boat that is roughly 5 1/3 inches wide and if I'm lucky I could use the same cylinder for both boats.
                  Hey Jeff, Erick,
                  I am 100 percent onboard for another build day, and that would be great if we could try out different styles of modules. If the boat gets here before the April fun run I'll bring it with me so we can all take a look at it.
                  BTW Ron at R and R just finished an 80 mm by 500 mm WTC unit for me that is about to ship for my Permit. I believe its basically a slightly larger version of what Jim has in his 1/144 Seawolf. Looks like a very solid unit and I'm excited to be back in business.

Comment

• Parallax
                    SubCommittee Member
                    • Aug 2017

I got the Akula, Bob thank you it is awesome. The cast parts are really amazing. Bringing it with me to subcomeast next week if anyone wants to take a look. Going to be a very fun build!

Comment

• JWLaRue
                      • Aug 1994

Mike,

Definitely bring it!

-Jeff
                      Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• salmon
                        Treasurer
                        • Jul 2011

Congratulations! That looked like a great sub!
                        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• eckloss
                          • Nov 2003

Mike,

That Akula kit is a work of art. I have one sitting on the shelf. Scale Ships is definitely missed. He did great work. Can't wait to see you guys this April.

Erich

Comment

Working...
                          X