• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Principe
    • Dec 2017

Itc ideal motorized uss halibut submarine kit

Does anyone have or know where I can purchase the 1960's vintage
    ITC IDEAL MOTORIZED USS HALIBUT SUBMARINE?
    For me it is the finished model that is most important. Not so much the box or building it myself.*
    Maybe that makes it a little easier to locate.*

My father and I built and operated one when I was around 10. That adventure was my first step to becoming a mechanical engineer. A career I really enjoyed.*
    The halibut model would be a cherished memory of my father and how he helped me find my life's purpose
  • David F
    SubCommittee Member
    • Jan 2016

Sorry I can't help with supplying one but I just wanted to say how much I agree with you.

I built one when I was 11. It was a very good model which I sailed in Coniston water in the Lake District.

Sadly the model disappeared during one of many housing "downsizes".

Good luck with your search!

David
    Last edited by David F; 12-07-2017, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Chuck
      • May 2015

I built one too, when I was about twelve or thirteen. They were really poor representations of the real ships, but they were a mechanical marvel, and set many boys on the road to modelling ships for a lifetime. I remember how cool it was to watch them with their Regulus missile, and following their cam programed routines. In the olden days, when RC was an impossible dream for most of the hobby world, they were the greatest. They were very expensive....about fifteen bucks, as I recall. That was a huge amount of money for a kid back then. If you ever find one, it's worth it's weight in golden memories. Good luck !

Chuck

Comment

Working...
      X