• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob the builder
    Former SC President
    • Feb 2003

1/32 scale OTW Type VII conning tower - complete and ready for install

Due to a customer backing out on me for a commissioned build, I now find myself with a late war tower and no boat to put it on.

If anyone has an unbuilt Type VII in 32nd scale, either OTW or 32nd Parallel, this should work out perfectly for it. If you don't have one, this can still turn into a beautiful display model for a desk or display case.

As of right now, she is unbadged, but if you have a specific boat in mind, I can add the emblem on the tower at no charge. The assemblies for the periscopes, spotter glasses and front area were all upgrades ordered off of Shapeways, and are far more detailed and accurate than the stock pieces that come with the tower kit. The hatch opens and closes. There are three LED lights in the appropriate locations that are currently driven off of a 9V battery harness, but can easily be hooked up to the 12V or 11.1V system in an RC boat (the LED's are set up for 12-14V max, so underdriving them is a good thing!)

Pics of the finished tower are below, and if you'd like to see the painting process and finished product on video, you can view it here

Asking $1000 inclusive of shipping within the US. International buyers can let me know where you are and I can quote shipping individually, if needed.
    Attached Files
    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com
  • bob the builder
    Former SC President
    • Feb 2003

A few more photos...
    Attached Files
    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

Working...
    X