• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob the builder
    Former SC President
    • Feb 2003

Cleaning out the shop - Model kits and more for sale

It pains me to do so, but I need to clear out room and put some cashola back in the poor bank account. As such, I'm going to put a bunch of sub-related stuff up for sale. If you spot something that interests you, please email me and I'll get you more info, if required. You can feel free to post up here, but it's sometimes a while before I get to the forums to check. Email is definitely the best way to get with me.

Shipping will be via FedEx Ground unless you have another preferred means. Shipping costs will be added at cost, with an origination of my shop here in Naples, FL.

Open to reasonable offers.

Okay, here we go!:

Tim Cobb Russian Alfa in 1/72 scale: $300. This is brand new, unstarted and as it came to me from Tim. This builds into a beautiful boat. You can see pics of one that I completed here: http://www.rc-submarine.com/#!gallery/f593s

Tim Cobb Russian Charlie I in 1/72 scale: $600. This is a completely finished hull, ready for installation of the cylinder of your choice. I have a bunch of used cylinders here that I can likely pair up, depending on your needs, so let me know if you'd like that as well. This would be a great way to get a functional boat in the water quick!

OTW Type XXIII in 1/25th scale: $300. This kit normally sells for just over $500 new. This was started by a customer of mine and the limber holes have been opened up in most locations. A great start to a nice-sized boat!

Revel of Germany Type VIIC in 1/72 scale with brass photoetched details: $100. Brand new, never opened

Revel of Germany Type IX in 1/72 scale: $100. Brand new, never opened

Nautilus Drydocks Disney Nautilus in 1/32 scale!
    : $2500. Yes, this is a very rare example of Custom Replicas big 66.5" Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. This is an even more rare RC version with light layup of the upper hull and hull access already cut into it. This is an older version without the photoetched details, but everything is there, though there are some pieces of resin parts that have cracks or small damage. The upper hull is slightly warped from years in storage, but is easily flexed back into place. A bit of patience and application of heat should get it right as rain again. Very easily fixed and will build into an incredible model. I also have a very heavy layup of a new upper hull that I can sell for an additional $100 to go with it. The upper hull piece is a single piece without the access cut into it.

32nd Parallel Ohio Class in 1/96th scale: $250. A big boy boat, for sure! Comes with the formed plastic pressure compartments, though I'd recommend a cylinder to drive it. The stern section and control planes are also missing. If this is a deal-breaker, we can talk about me fabricating a new stern and planes for you at additional cost. The boat is priced accordingly.

Scaleships Akula in 1/96th scale: $400. Brand new, never started. These are top-shelf boats and build into incredible models. Check out a previous build of mine with this hull here: http://www.rc-submarine.com/#!gallery/f593s

Various cylinders
    in OD's ranging from 2" to 5". I have lots of them here collecting dust. Some are near-new, others need TLC. If you have a need for something, let me know and I'll see what I have for you.

Various electronics: Again, if you have a need for something specific, just let me know. I have a lot of brand new electronics here including auto-levelers, dive managers, LiPo guards, ESC's, receivers, etc.

Pegasus Nautilus model kit in 1/144 scale: $40. Check out my build of this wonderful kit here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fibCEGOL_JU
    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com
  • bob the builder
    Former SC President
    • Feb 2003

Ohio and Akula are both sold!
    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

• silent runner
      SubCommittee Member
      • Jun 2005

Message sent on Alfa

Comment

• bob the builder
        Former SC President
        • Feb 2003

Charlie is sold!

Comment

• bob the builder
          Former SC President
          • Feb 2003

Alfa is sold!

Comment

• bob the builder
            Former SC President
            • Feb 2003

Everything has now been sold with the exception of the Disney Nautilus.

Thanks for looking!

Comment

Working...
            X