X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gp100man
    • Jan 2012

Oh ROMEO, Oh ROMEO, where art thou?????

Would somebody please tell Groton, we now have anew "TRAINING EXPERT" in da house.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/north-korea-k ... ml#88ka27I
  • gp100man
    • Jan 2012

Re: Oh ROMEO, Oh ROMEO, where art thou?????

Interesting how the color of the ROMEO is the same green, that the first three Israeli Dolphin Class submarines used to be. To my knowledge, the Israelis have switched to a blue and black color for submarines, like most of the rest of the worlds submarines.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... perts.html

Comment

• gp100man
      • Jan 2012

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/north-kore ... R2dGlkAw--

Comment

• southern or
        • May 2014

Hey, up until the "repatriation" the Ukraine had a Foxtrot named Zaporizhzhia. Even still, from the interior photos, nothing seems to have been updated on her. I think our decommissioned museum piece USS Blueback is not only in better shape then their sub, it's probably still better equipped, and it's been demilled.

Comment

• ssn705
          • Sep 2013

Green is the favorite color of the DPRK submarine force...that or a mottled mix of blues and grays to try to simulate a whale's back...interesting that he gave gifts of binoculars and rifles...binos to see the enemy coming and rifles to shoot yourself before they got there maybe? I'd go to sea on that Romeo before I went to sea on one of their homegrown submarine kits that they are found of selling to Iran.

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

• southern or
            • May 2014

Green is the favorite color of the DPRK submarine force...that or a mottled mix of blues and grays to try to simulate a whale's back...interesting that he gave gifts of binoculars and rifles...binos to see the enemy coming and rifles to shoot yourself before they got there maybe? I'd go to sea on that Romeo before I went to sea on one of their homegrown submarine kits that they are found of selling to Iran.

Cheers,

Dave
            I'd go to sea on The Ukraine's Foxtrot before I'd go on that Romeo. I have no idea what the guns are for. When exactly was the last submarine conflict that involved short range rifles? (U-505 capture?)

Comment

• southern or
              • May 2014

After looking at some more of the photos I'd say that ROMEO that Kim's on is probably one of the "new" ones. However that hull looks like it needs some dry dock time below the water line. That external hull needs some TLC, so who knows what the pressure hull looks like. Wonder if Russia sold them any HTP Torpedoes. Then they'd have a "reason" to blame us when they loose a sub.

Comment

• gp100man
                • Jan 2012

20 ROMEOS, some built long after they were deemed obsolete by other naval forces, and a weapon with a range of only four miles.

unreal.

http://www.businessinsider.com/kim-jong ... tos-2014-6

Comment

• tom dougherty
                  • Jul 2005

However that hull looks like it needs some dry dock time below the water line.
                  Well, it needed a new paint job for sure, but it came down to a choice between being able to pay for several gallons of paint or a large case of Snicker's Bars for the Dear Leader. Guess which got bought...

Comment

• southern or
                    • May 2014

I guess Zinc bars aren't available in the north. Corrosion prevention isn't exactly rocket science, and they claim they have that.

Yeah, I read about their 4 mile torpedoes. I also read that Iran lost a few of their midget subs. I wonder why the north hasn't attempted AIP yet, or tried to get a KILO. Iran got a few, and NK showed the world that they got (or copied) Russian missiles.

Remember a few years back when NK lost a midget sub on a 'secret' mission off the south's coast?

I just realized something. None of the news stories say anything about the sub submerging while 'dear leader' was onboard.

Comment

• gp100man
                      • Jan 2012

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/here-i ... 4/+pgeorge

Comment

Working...
                      X