• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmsmalley
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2003

New Class Russian Diesel Boat- video released

In the words of Alexei Aleshin, the first deputy CEO of Russian Technology state corporation:
    “Lada will be an absolutely new product. One hundred and twenty new technologies are being used for its creation.”

Construction of the first Lada submarines started in 1977. The Lada’s main feature is its offering of a combination of a low noise level, small size and power. Functions include those similar to others of its ilk, namely, the destruction of enemy submarines and ships, the protection of navy bases, coasts and sea communications, and reconnaissance operations. The Lada submarine is able to perform independently on naval communications against enemy submarines and ships and to protect coastal regions and straight zones from other subs.

Due to the reduction of all physical fields, the Lada is almost invisible. It features a new anti-sonar coating for its hull, an extended cruising range, and advanced anti-ship and anti-submarine weaponry. This submarine is also equipped with an inertial navigation system (INS), which allows for safer control of the vessel. The control of weapons and technical equipment is fully automated.

The Admiralty Shipyard is building another three Lada-class submarines, and plans to launch between four and six of them by 2015. Russia has ensured high export potential by developing state-of-the-art Project 636 and Project 677 diesel submarines. These subs are thought to be of the most silent submarine classes anywhere in the world and they have been specifically designed for anti-shipping and anti-submarine operations in relatively shallow waters. Russia has already built submarines for India, China and Iran.

The free world awaits the Lada and…shivers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/qRBGr39uJBo&eurl=http://inventorspot.com/articles/new_russian_diesel_submarines_innovative_and_very_ scary_22671&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
  • pirate
    • Oct 2005

The flood vents are most

The flood vents are most interesting (Get half way under then open doors).

Comment

• tabledancer
      • Feb 2005

Can anybody get one of

Can anybody get one of these,if so put me on the list.They might have done a better job trimming it though,looked like it was running nose down for a while.

By the way how have you been?

TD

Comment

• tmsmalley
        SubCommittee Member
        • Feb 2003

Thanks for asking TD. Taking

Thanks for asking TD. Taking so many pills I rattle but doing lots better.

Comment

• tabledancer
          • Feb 2005

Well I`m glad that you

Well I`m glad that you are feeling fine now,just take it easy and take one day at a time.I know what you mean about the pills I take 9 a day everyday of the week.Just take care and live well.

TD

Comment

Working...
          X