X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonymous
    • May 2024

Great book for type XXI fans - Anatomy of the ship type XXI

Hi all I have been checking your website and forum for a little over a year now and with any luck will be a member come Christmas. Anyway, I fell in love with the type XXI when I met Johann at the regatta/2002 in R.I. After alot of digging I found a book called "anatomy of the ship type XXI" The front part of the book talks about the boat complete with pictures, but the back half of the book is where the gold lies.From page 60 to page 125(the end) is loaded with just about every conceivable line drawing you would need to build one of these boats from scratch. It comes with a fold out 1/150 scale drawing(it is on the back of the book cover)and the drawings inside range in scale from 1/30 to 1/200. the book was written by Fritz Kohl and Eberhard Rossler and published by naval institute press. ISBN # 1-59114-887-1. I have seen this book at barnes and noble for $40.00 (US) but I bought it from amazon for about $28.00 (US). I intend on using this to scatch build mine but it could also be used to help ensure accuracy for outfitting a hull from a kit.
    I hope this adds to the wonderful and helpful information that I have found on this site. If anyone has any questions that were not put down here I visit the forum quite often and would be happy to help. My hats off to all of you for making this an awsome site with which to learn from.
Working...
X