X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ramius
    • Mar 2003

Cold War Submarines:U.S and Soviet Design - Release date

The release date for the new book on american and soviet submarines of the cold war has been postponed and revised to mid-september.
    It can be found on amazon.com.Mine is prepaid two day shipping.As soon as it gets here I will pour through it and post a recap.
    Wayne
  • wayne frey
    • Aug 2003

I just recieved notice from

I just recieved notice from amazon the book is released. I should have it monday.

Comment

• wayne frey
      • Aug 2003

After looking at the book

After looking at the book for a few hours last night, I must say this book is a must have.It has quite a few new pictures,and goes into depth very well about the american and russian boats from the WWII Type XXII to present. A lot of work went into this book.Excellent reference for anyone looking at any boat from that era.
      It ranks a 5 star rating for us.

Comment

• ninjrk
        • Nov 2003

I ordered this book and

I ordered this book and very much look forward to reading it. Out of curiosity, has anyone bought this book Submarines of Special Purpose ? Is it useful or redundant when compared to Cold War Submarines?

I ordered it from Armybook.com but will probably have to wait until next year to actually get it.

Thanks,
        Matt

Comment

• wayne frey
          • Aug 2003

I am know about some

I am know about some of the submarines listed on the link.Most never got beyond concept stage,like the alfa having the streched sail with missles in it.
          Many are mentioned in the Cold War submarines book.
          That book is so good, again I say, it should be considered the "bible" of post WWII submarines.
          It's that good.

Comment

• ninjrk
            • Nov 2003

I am know about some

I am know about some of the submarines listed on the link.Most never got beyond concept stage,like the alfa having the streched sail with missles in it.
            Many are mentioned in the Cold War submarines book.
            That book is so good, again I say, it should be considered the "bible" of post WWII submarines.
            It's that good.
            Thanks for the recommendation, it finally arrived and I'm about half-way through it. It is very good but I do have two complaints. The first is that it is too bloody short! This book should be at least twice as thick as it is! My tiny complaint is that all of the drawings are cutaway profiles and it would have been nice to have some external views.

Those are minor complaints, it's an excellent book.

Matt

Comment

• tupolev
              • Jul 2003

Hi all

I have received

Hi all

I have received this book today
              It looks great !
              The chapter number 14: "unbuilt Gigants" it's really interesting.
              I have never heard about these projects. A russian gigant of 223m (780ft) !! wooowww !

Regards

Tupolev

Edited By Tupolev on 1075332771

Comment

Working...
              X