• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulC
    Administrator
    • Feb 2003

The War Below

I'm in the middle of this new book by James M. Scott and I'm really enjoying it. It is a new book, published two weeks ago, that tells an overview of the WWII submarine war through the stories of three boats: Drum, Silversides and Tang. Scott is a terrific writer and has done a tremendous amount of research. Not only that, he came up with a new, cool title for a submarine book. I figured that well was dry.

I was able to help in a small way with his research into O'Kane's time in Wahoo. Being familiar with Tang's story I was very impressed by the retelling of her actions and loss (I skipped ahead). The book contains fascinating details about her survivor's life in captivity. It brings their POW story to life like never before. I've always considered that a weak spot in the existing narratives. I'll post more once I get through it completely but I encourage you to give it a look. A Father's Day gift perhaps?

Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
    <><
  • jefftytoo
    SubCommittee Member
    • Mar 2003

Re: The War Below

Watch for a full review by Paul, eventually forthcoming in the SCR's Sub Books column...a venue eagerly followed by publishers worldwide.

Your humble Sub Books column editor,
    JeffP

Comment

Working...
    X