X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skypilot
    • Oct 2006

Das Boot: The German U-Boat in History and Diorama

Has anyone seen or purchased this book? It was only available in the U.S. for a short time and I've never seen one. Any information would be helpful ...

Das Boot: The German U-Boat in History and Diorama Andrea Press

135 pages, illustrated with vintage photos and drawings, facsimiles and contemporary photographs. Four page fold-out view of the Type 7C U-Boat. History and model making have joined forces through rare photos and professional model builders to illustrate in 3-dimensional detail the German U-Boat and its surroundings. No detail was overlooked in the production of this project. This volume also contains photogaphs of the most successfull U-Boat skippers, the Enigma machine, charts and statistics, and clear external and internal photographs of rare exisitng U-boats. Included are many color photographs, as well as diagrams and dioramas that are very informative.
  • myles yancey
    • Mar 2005

Re: Das Boot: The German U-Boat in History and Diorama

Yes I have a copy of Das Boat.
    it is a very interesting and informative book, is there something special you are looking for.

Thank You
    Myles

Comment

• JWLaRue
      Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
      • Aug 1994

I have this book as well.

How good the book is depends on what you are looking for. It's very good for showing the finished details of a build of the Andrea Miniatures Type VIIC model. On the other hand, if you are interested in the prototype/real Type VIIC, I would point you to a couple of other books:
      • [i]Vom Original zum Modell] by Fritz Köhl
        Type VIIC U-boats by Robert C. Stern

-Jeff
      Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• skypilot
        • Oct 2006

Myles and Jeff, thanx for the response and information. Rick

Comment

Working...
        X