• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • secrtwpn1
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2003

Anatomy of the ship "The Type XXI u-boat

I recently picked up a copy at my local Barnes and Noble. The cover indicated it was a revised edition. I did not see the old edition, so I can't comment on any improvements. There is a short bit of text that covers the history and construction of the Type XXI's. The cover also states there is a fold out 1/150 scale drawing. I thumbed throught the book several times, but did not find them. At first, I thought they were missing. The drawings are inside of the slipcover. There are numerous photos that document these boats. Also, there are several photos of the "Wilhelm Bauer". The book also has several line drawing that depict the exterior and interior, along with hull lines. On the back is a color drawing that depicts the color of the boats (a light gray). The only thing I found missing was a list of performance stas on the class, along with unbuilt designs. I read once there was a design to also have six torpedo tubes facing aft. All in all, not bad for my $40.00........
  • JWLaRue
    Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
    • Aug 1994

This is a very good

This is a very good book for Type XXI fans. I happen to have the 'original' version and was able to compare it (albeit quickly) with the new one. The only difference that I was able to easily spot was that inside-the-dustjacket diagram.

Still a good book for a good value!

-Jeff
    Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

Working...
    X