• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • david h
    • Feb 2003

book on Dreadnought

Hello all,

I was looking on Amazon.com and managed to find on Amazon.com.uk a book on HMS Dreadnought, ( The SSN, not the Battleship)
    By Patrick Boniface Feb 2003 Has anybody read this book? Looks recent. Paperback. ISBN-10 190438109X

regards,
    David H
  • gerwalk
    • Dec 2004

Re: book on Dreadnought

Hello all,

I was looking on Amazon.com and managed to find on Amazon.com.uk a book on HMS Dreadnought, ( The SSN, not the Battleship)
    By Patrick Boniface Feb 2003 Has anybody read this book? Looks recent. Paperback. ISBN-10 190438109X

regards,
    David H
    David, very interesting finding. Found this]http://www.periscopepublishing.com/cata ... 202004.pdf[/url]
    http://www.periscopepublishing.com/Merc ... ct_Code=D1
    DREADNOUGHT - Britain's First Nuclear Powered Submarine
    With the commissioning of HMS Dreadnought, the Royal Navy entered the nuclear age. In 20
    years of service she made history on several occasions, notably surfacing at the North Pole
    and sailing submerged all the way to Singapore. A unique book about a unique submarine.
    16x23cm 90 pages with 13 b&w photos and illustrations ISBN No 190438109X £9.99

Comment

• david h
      • Feb 2003

thanks, for the link.

One of

thanks, for the link.

One of the things i find frustrating is that there are tons of book on WW1 and WW2 boats but very little on the Cold war. that's what I'm really interested in..

An "Enclyclopaedia of British submarines 1955-2000" would be fantastic!!

regards,
      DAvid H

Comment

• davietait
        • Jul 2006

I have the book on

I have the book on the Dreadnought and I can recommend it for anyone interesting in the beginnings of the SSN fleet in the RN. Interesting to see the design problems caused by marrying up the USN Skipjack Reactor/machinery stern with the UK designed forward section ( can be clearly seen aft of the sail there is a very noticeable change in the hull )

Quite a few good photo's too.

Davie

Comment

• david h
          • Feb 2003

Davie,

Thanks, sounds like it's worth

Davie,

Thanks, sounds like it's worth getting.
          regards,
          DAvid H

Comment