New book on US Subs - Jim Christley does it again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmsmalley
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2003

New book on US Subs - Jim Christley does it again!

$10.85 at Amazon.

Editorial Reviews (From Amazon.com)

Book Description
    Naval warfare in the Pacific changed completely with the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941. The strategic emphasis shifted from battleships to much more lethal, far-ranging weapons systems; one of these was the submarine. This book details the design and development, classes, weapons and equipment, tactics and operational history of the US submarine in World War II. Detailed tables, photographs, and superb color plates depict the force that had an effect far beyond its size - the submarine accounted for 55% of all Japanese shipping losses, despite suffering the highest percentage loss of any unit of the United State Armed Forces in World War II.

From the Publisher
    The unrivalled illustrated reference on fighting vehicles, transport and artillery through the ages. Each volume is illustrated throughout, making these books uniquely accessible to history enthusiasts of all ages.

About the Author
    Jim Christley retired from the US Navy in 1982 as a senior chief petty officer, having served on seven submarines ranging from diesel to nuclear fast attacks to ballistic missile boats. A student of US submarine technical history, he has written numerous articles and a book on the subject, in addition to providing technical illustrations to several notable books on submarine design and history. He is based in Connecticut, USA.

Jim Christley's new book available from Amazon.com
  • tom dougherty
    • Jul 2005

Just received my copy. A

Just received my copy. A good selection of photographs and some very nice drawings. The text is superb, with a lot of information crammed into a relatively few number of pages. It includes specifics about the paint jobs used on the various measures.

Jim was a member of the SubCommittee for many years, and showed up at the Groton and Rhode Island Regattas.

Comment

• big jim
      • Feb 2006

I couldn't find it on

I couldn't find it on Amazon. BTW the link above doesn't work.

Comment

• tmsmalley
        SubCommittee Member
        • Feb 2003

Try this link -
        Jim Christley's

Try this link -
        Jim Christley's new book available from Amazon.com

If it still doesn't work - Search Amazon's "Books" category for "Jim Christley" rather than the name of the book. Worked for me anyway!

Good stuff...

Tim

Comment

• big jim
          • Feb 2006

Thanks Tim, that worked.
          Jimmy

Thanks Tim, that worked.
          Jimmy

Comment

Working...
          X