X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonymous
    • May 2024

Of Ice and Steel

This a new fictional novel written by a friend of mine who served 18 years on fast attacks and boomers. It is the first in a series of books based around the same character.

I don't have all the details yet but I can tell you this is one hot story your going to love with a sci-fi twist. That boat you see in the ice comes back to haunt the world in present day through a freak accident. Crew included.

I'll wait until I get the synopsis from Don before I say much more. Here's a link to the web site I'm building for him. Only the front page is up right now. None of the links are working except the one to see a larger image of the book cover.

Keep checking back as I will be updating the site all this week.

Steve

of ice and steel home page
  • tmsmalley
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2003

Looks like fun!

Sounds a

Looks like fun!

Sounds a little like "The Seventh Carrier" 3 book series back in the mid 1980s. Japanese carrier originally tasked for the Pearl Harbor attack becomes trapped in ice , comes back manned with samuri to save the world from terrorists - - -or some such thing. Let us know when copies are shipping. I want one!

Comment

You bet Tim. I'm working

You bet Tim. I'm working on his site now and should have it mostly done except for the animated 3D trialer I have yet to do.

Don just sent me some pictures of him standing on the ice at the north pole. USS Dallas sail sticking up out of the ice behind him.

I think you'll find the story a little different but in the same vain. It's pretty realistic and not so much fantasy.

Steve

Comment

The website is working now

The website is working now for the most part. There will be more to come. The store and video are yet to come.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X