New Book on Russian K-129 Golf - More information on Project Jennifer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tom dougherty
    • Jul 2005

New Book on Russian K-129 Golf - More information on Project Jennifer?

Just as a heads up, a new book will be out in September on the Russian submarine K-129. I've posted the website for this book (below) and have corresponded with one of the authors, Ken Sewell. Ken served on the USS Parche, and knows Dr. John Craven. He promises that the book will be a very interesting read with new insights from research from the former Soviet Union. For those of you in the Groton/New London, CT area, Ken will be at the annual Boats, Books & Brushes event held in New London on Sept. 17-18.

As some of you know, the K-129 affair has been a longstanding interest of mine. I sent Ken a copy of the article in the SCR (September, 2002) that my son & I wrote on the K-129. He was very gracious and complimentary on our research. Good background reading for the coming book.

Red Star Rogue Book
  • gerwalk
    • Dec 2004

Seems like Ken follows Craven's

[color=#000000]Seems like Ken follows Craven's idea of a rogue submarine. Very interesting. I hope his book would be a little less darker than Craven's. I loved Craven's book but hate all that "I cannot confirm or deny" speech (though I understand his reasons) all over the book]

Comment

• tom dougherty
      • Jul 2005

Craven said," The numbers on

[color=#000000]Craven said," The numbers on the submarine hull would remain engraved in my mind.....60 Minutes speaks of it as the K-129...I can honestly say... that it was news to me." Well, yeah, Soviet submarines have their squadron numbers painted on the side, not the hull numbers! The Soviets have admitted to losing a submarine designted as K-129. Craven is skirting around issues that he can't talk about. The odd thing is he states, "It was news to me the first time I heard the submarine described as a Golf class submarine". There seems to be little doubt it was a Golf, and the Russians have never said otherwise, so I'm not sure what to make of those opaque statements.

"Tom]

Edited By Tom Dougherty on 1122694490

Comment

• gerwalk
        • Dec 2004

Craven said," The numbers on

[color=#000000]Craven said," The numbers on the submarine hull would remain engraved in my mind.....60 Minutes speaks of it as the K-129...I can honestly say... that it was news to me." Well, yeah, Soviet submarines have their squadron numbers painted on the side, not the hull numbers! The Soviets have admitted to losing a submarine designted as K-129. Craven is skirting around issues that he can't talk about. The odd thing is he states, "It was news to me the first time I heard the submarine described as a Golf class submarine". There seems to be little doubt it was a Golf, and the Russians have never said otherwise, so I'm not sure what to make of those opaque statements.

"Tom]
        [color=#000000]Craven plays a lot with the "secret" issues and sometimes he is too obscure. The russians admit that it was a Golf, I don't undertand why he is still refusing to admit so! As for the number on the hull]

Comment

Working...
        X