X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mkeatingss
    • Nov 2003

Shadow Divers - Short Review

Shadow Divers is one of the best books I read in quite a while.
    I started diving in 1956, when I was 17, and I qualified on Subs in 1963. So, this books catches me from two perspectives.
    Robert Kurson does a masterful job of discribing both the divers involved and the lost crew of the U-Who?. Not to mention the dangers, faced and shared, by both.
    You can see the darkness, normal in the Atlantic depths, and the cold that permeates your very bones. Even the terror and horror, that must have filled the sub's crew, in its' last seconds, is palpable.
    If adventure, subs, diving, or the ocean, grabs your attention, this books is a "must read".
    Mike Keating
  • mkeatingss
    • Nov 2003

Sorry about the spelling. I

Sorry about the spelling. I need to proof read more, befor I post. Mike

Comment

• bob the builder
      Former SC President
      • Feb 2003

Mike,

If you get the opportunity,

Mike,

If you get the opportunity, an in-depth review would be great to post on the Subcommittee website. There is an entire section devoted to reviews concerning kits, fitting, books, videos... anything you can think of.

If any member has anything that they're thinking about sharing an opinion on, there is the venue to do it in. Be sure to take advantage of it!

Bob
      The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

Working...
      X