X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X Bubblehead
    • Sep 2017

Submarine-er 30 Years of Hijinks & Keeping the Fleet Afloat by Jerry Pait

The title caught my eye, but the author's name made me do a double-take. Jerry Pait? No way!!!

Jerry was one of three sailors-sailors who made a huge impression on me during my time in the Navy.

Sonar school in San Diego for a newly-minted Subscol grad, just finishing a cold winter in New London was a dream come true. It was made even better by having Jerry as our A-School class instructor for a few months. He was extremely knowledgeable and effortlessly communicated his contagious enthusiasm for all things sonar; Our class was unanimously convinced we had picked an interesting rate.

Awesome, awesome experience learning the (beginning) ropes from someone so experienced and able to spin a great sea story for every subject he taught.

Always a hot-runner, Jerry continued to lead, advancing in his naval career, retiring as a Lt. Commander. This just added fuel for more hilarious stories that I had to wait to read in this book.

Available from his amazon store, this is a good read for anyone interested in submarine duty and life told from his many perspectives as he rose in rank and responsibility. His irreverent sense of humor remains unchanged.

• scott t
    • Feb 2003

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	149979 ------------

Comment

Working...
    X