X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wadester13
    • Mar 2004

How to - Have any?

I am looking for books on 'how to' for building RC subs. Does anyone have a book I can buy? I have one that is listed in my SC webpage (I don't want to sell it, too much good information). Thanks.

Get yourself a copy of

Get yourself a copy of 'Model Submarine Technology' by Norbert Bruggen.

It's available from Amazon and also the publishers Traplet.

It's a good book, although it has some errors, notably in the electronics section. Also some of the formulae aren't clearly explained, and can be quite baffling, even for someone from an engineering backgound.

That said, this book stands alone as a source of information for the model submariner.

Back issues of the Sub Committee report are another goldmine of ideas.

Cheers

Andy

Comment

• wadester13
      • Mar 2004

I already have that book.

I already have that book. I have it on my members page for the SC.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

• JWLaRue
        Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
        • Aug 1994

Brian,

Now that I am about

Brian,

Now that I am about to become "Editor Emeritus", I fully intend on picking up a projecthat I had started prior to being drafted as temporary editor. Namely the "How to R/C Subs" book.

A lot of good material exists in the back issues of the SCR which can be used as a starting point. New material will be specifically solicited to create a comprehensive guide that a beginner to intermediate hobbyist can use to get into r/c subs.

So.....once you and I get things rolling for the September issue, I'll be able to start thinking aobut it again!

-Jeff
        Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• wadester13
          • Mar 2004

I sure would buy one

I sure would buy one of the books!

Really though, I would like to place my pre-order for the first book! It can't be more than a tank of gas now days. But ya gotta autograph it lol.

Comment

• boatbuilder1
            • Mar 2003

what about simply submarines a

what about simply submarines a traplet publication

Comment

• JWLaRue
              Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
              • Aug 1994

The book "Simply Submarines" is

The book "Simply Submarines" is a collection of articles published in Marine Modeling International and as such does not provide a guide to building an r/c submarine. By that I mean that the articles each stand on their own with the authors covering aspects of their boat-building experience that they felt were important (or interesting).

To be fair the introductory article is an attempt at giving an overview of ballast systems, but this book simply (pun intended) does not provide the beginner r/c sub modeler with the series of technology basics that would allow the beginner to successfully build a boat.

Think of it as having taken 5 or 6 articles from back issues of the SCR and re-publishing them in a single book/magazine.....

-Jeff
              Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

Working...
              X