John P. Holland 1841-1914: Inventor of the Modern Submarine by Richard Knowles Morris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crueby
    • May 2015

John P. Holland 1841-1914: Inventor of the Modern Submarine by Richard Knowles Morris

Highly recommend this book - Jim Butt pointed me at it during the Carmel meet, truly fascinating history of the man and also the submarines he built, quite amazing how much technology still in use that he developed. Not your usual dry history text.
  • subdude
    Official Peon
    • Feb 2003

Chris, so glad that you read it. I've been pushing people towards it for many years.

I was incredibly fortunate to have met Dr. Morris at the Electric Boat centennial celebration at Groton. He graciously offered to sign my copy of his book if I would mail it to him, which of course I did. That book and the correspondence with Dr Morris are among my treasured possessions.

Anyway, it is indeed a fascinating history of the man and his machines, and exemplifies just what a visionary John Holland was.

Jim
    SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time.....)

Comment

• JWLaRue
      Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
      • Aug 1994

I agree with all of the above. Jim brought that book to my attention several years ago. Truly a fascinating read.

-Jeff
      Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

Working...
      X