X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonymous
    • May 2024

CDROM 21st Century guide to US Submarines - query

[color=#000000]Amazon.com list this title. It seems to be one a group of CDs that are basically Adobe Acrobat books gleaned from various sources. Has anyone checked this out ? Here is what the advertising says. Tempting, but I wonder?

This incredible CD-ROM provides a comprehensive guide to the fleet of submarines operated by the U.S. Navy, along with a review of the history of the submarine and the technology behind today's awesome machines. Using advanced technology, submarines are an invaluable sensor and weapons system platform. Our strategic nuclear missile fleet has helped deter nuclear attacks, making America safer. This detailed material is heavily illustrated with color photographs, historical pictures, drawings, tables, and charts.
    Topics covered include]
  • seahawk
    • Jun 2003

Here's a link to the

Here's a link to the page on amazon]21st Century US Subs[/url]

Comment

• JWLaRue
      Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
      • Aug 1994

I bought this CDrom not

I bought this CDrom not knowing exactly what to expect.

It is an interesting collection of mostly web pages that have been pulled off the Internet. While there are a good number of pages of material on the CDrom, you really need an active link to the Internet to get down to the details.

Given a link to the Internet, the real value of this CDrom is somewhat limited and questionable.

-ymmv,

Jeff
      Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

Working...
      X