X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryan
    • Jan 2015

HMCS Victoria

New to this forum and lurked around when I was building a post war Balao in 1/72. Here is my last model built in 2014, HMCS Victoria in 1/72 using the model from HMCS Models. It was designed for RC use, but built it as a static model. It will have a new home in Esquimalt where the real Victoria is stationed as part of the Pacific Fleet. Thanks for looking

• thor
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2009

Re: HMCS Victoria

Very nice!
    Regards,

Matt

Comment

• JWLaRue
      Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
      • Aug 1994

Ryan,

Very nicely done!

-Jeff
      Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• salmon
        Treasurer
        • Jul 2011

Outstanding!
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• ccontrol
          SubCommittee Member
          • Mar 2012

Beautiful build!
          Does anyone know if these kits are still in production or where to find one?

Comment

• ryan
            • Jan 2015

Thanks for the kind comments. Good news/bad news about the model.....It will be available, but not until fall/early winter. There is no website for HMCS Models, but as soon as I hear from Jonathan, I will let you know. I was fortunate enough to get one of the first moldings and I believe there were only 7 cast before he buggered his elbow. Cheers

Comment

• bob the builder
              Former SC President
              • Feb 2003

You can buy the Upholder model from OTW in the UK. Great kit and nicely detailed. Can't say enough good things about Bob Dimmack there...

http://otwdesigns.com/products/british- ... /upholder/

£385 plus S/H

The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

• ccontrol
                SubCommittee Member
                • Mar 2012

This is an older thread but I just saw this model in the museum at CFB Esquimalt after a wonderful opportunity to see the real HMCS Victoria pier-side.
                The model is absolutely superb, beautifully done. I found this thread after doing a search for a source for the hull in 1:72. I just ordered the OTW version from England as my winter project and will be building her as the Victoria. The OTW version is 1:50 and scales out to about 55" if I recall. This one is about 38" I think?

Comment

Working...
                X