X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tom dougherty
    • Jul 2005

Revell (Renwal) SSBN Kit Rerelease

Revell will rerelease the old Renwal mold USS George Washington SSBN kit late this year:

Note that this is the Renwal mold from the early 1960's, not the much simpler Revell mold. This was in the Renwal "Blueprint" series of models.
  • JWLaRue
    Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
    • Aug 1994

Re: Revell (Renwal) SSBN Kit Rerelease

Cool! I wonder how many of us built at least one of those kits when we were younger? I'm guessing a lot of us!

-Jeff
    Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• tom dougherty
      • Jul 2005

Cool! I wonder how many of us built at least one of those kits when we were younger? I'm guessing a lot of us!
      I built the Thomas Jefferson version, which had the one side in clear plastic. I currently have (after years of searching), The TJ kit (in original Renwal box), an original George Washington (in original Renwal box) and the Ethan Allen ((also in original Renwal box, which is in very good shape). The fit on these kits was fair at best, and the plastic decks & bulkheads were thick and often had to be forced a bit. Also, the engineering spaces are devoid of a propeller shaft and gears from the turbines. But they were a lot of fun to assemble and paint in the old Testor's Primary Colors of the 1960's!

Comment

• JWLaRue
        Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
        • Aug 1994

Ah, yes...those little, tiny Testors bottles of paint!

-Jeff
        Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• salmon
          Treasurer
          • Jul 2011

-Jeff
          (Hand in the air)
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

Working...
          X