X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boss subfixer
    • Aug 2004

Blast from the past!!!

So I was at my some what local hobby shop recently looking to cash in a gift certificate from my daughter and I stumbled upon something I hadn't seen in ages. As it turns out there were a lot of models I haven't seen since I was a kid. The owner told me that the oldies were being re released to some extent, meaning that not all the oldies are being re released.
    So anywho I'm looking at all the new old stuff and stumbled upon.......(drum roll).........The Beatles Yellow Submarine kit! The gift certificate didn't quite cover half of the price but I looked at the wife and said sorry this is going with me. She said okay with a bit of an eye roll and I'm the happy owner of a really cool Yellow Submarine kit.
    It comes packaged in a tin collectors box and has a pretty cool poster inside as well. Now I don't know about the original issue but this one floats and moves through the water via a rubber band for the prop and at 9" long X 3" wide I'm sure that someone would be able to make this toy r/c. At least for a few functions. Well here are the pictures, oh and it's not exactly cheap at $47.00 but it sure is a cool model.

• maelje
    • Oct 2012

Re: Blast from the past!!!

That looks REALLY cool. I've been thinking about picking up one of these for a long time if I could find one -- they pop up on ebay now and then. Would be a nice whimsical exception to all my serious war subs. Have you started your build yet?

Comment

• boss subfixer
      • Aug 2004

No, not yet. This is a re-release of the kit so be careful when looking at the ones on ebay. Someone may try to pass it off as an old original and not a new kit.

Comment

Bigger version- exactly twice the size of the plastic kit.

Comment

• boss subfixer
          • Aug 2004

Bigger version- exactly twice the size of the plastic kit.

Now lets not do a hit and run. Tell us more please.

Comment

There is more information in this thread- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10528

I think things can get a bit lost on this forum sometimes because there are so many different sections.

Anyway in the picture I posted here, I was in the process of experimenting with different speakers for an onboard sound system. It's been a torturous path to provide a reasonable tone and volume level, plus ensure the system can withstand the elements, but I think I am on the home run now.

Comment

• boss subfixer
              • Aug 2004

Now that is cool, needs an update though.

Comment

Working...
              X