X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hakkikt
    • Jun 2006

AMP 1/72 Type II detail & correction set

Not sure where this should go... the U-Boat Pen perhaps? Admins, please move as you deem appropriate.

I have just received my photoetch & resin detail set from AMP, which corrects a number of issues with the Special Navy Type II kit and provides additional detail parts.

I must say, I am extremely pleased with the set. Etching and casting quality are excellent (I am particularly impressed by the PE sets), and the instructions are like none I have ever seen before, with a 1/72 plan showing where everything goes and where limber holes etc. need to be corrected, plus 4 pages showing and describing all PE parts, and a really detailed instruction booklet for the accurizing process. All that for $60.

Photos of the set can be seen at AMP's website, I really dont think I can add to that.

Very highly recommended.
  • JWLaRue
    Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
    • Aug 1994

I received my set a

I received my set a couple of weeks ago and am planning on including a write-up for the September SCR 'Smoke' column.

I too am very pleased with this upgrade kit for the SN Type II model. ...and am even further excited since the deck is directly based on the research (and specifically the same CAD drawing) that I have done for my 1/32nd Type II.

-Jeff
    Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

Working...
    X