X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rmfield
    • Jan 2006

Painting Type VIIC deck details ...

I'm getting ready to start painting the Revell 1/144 Type VIIC as U-96 with the net cutters. I'm using three shades - light, medium and dark: dark on the lower hull, medium on the decks and light on the upper hull and conning tower sides.

MY QUESTIONS:
    1) What about the net cutter mounted on the upper deck, the fixed railings beside the tower and the aerial supports on the aft deck? Should they be light - like the upper hull - or medium, like the deck to which they're mounted? I can make a case either way, but thought I'd see what more experienced Kreigsmarine modellers might say.

2) Regarding the deck gun, near as I can tell it should be light underneath and medium - like the deck - on top. Right?

Any help will be appreciated, otherwise I'll flip a coin. TIA!!
  • hakkikt
    • Jun 2006

I would paint the netcutter,

I would paint the netcutter, railings, and supports light grey. I dont know about the specific deck gun of U 96 (detail painting was not standardised for U-Boats), but if in doubt I would go for something like this:
    The U-boat War in World War Two (Kriegsmarine, 1939-1945) and World War One (Kaiserliche Marine, 1914-1918) and the Allied efforts to counter the threat. Over 40.000 pages on the officers, the boats, technology and the Allied efforts to counter the U-boat threat.

Comment

Working...
    X