• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heavy melder
    • Jan 2008

Alanger 1/350 Typhoon -Need good plans

Hello.
    I'm working on the Alanger 1/350 Typhoon class and want to correct two of the major flubs with this kit, the lack of forward torpedo doors and the missing bow dive plans to start.

I've read that there are other small missing details as well.

I need a good set of plans so I can scribe on the doors that are missing and maybe add the small stuff that's missing.

Does anyone have an accurate set of plans they can mail me or know of somewhere that sells a set of plans I can buy online?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron Propper
  • tom dougherty
    • Jul 2005

You mean like these?
    http://www.heiszwolf.com/subs/plans/Plans_Typhoon.gif

You mean like these?

Comment

• heavy melder
      • Jan 2008

Those are kinda rough but

Those are kinda rough but its a step in the right direction. The stuff on the sail is very helpful. I just wish the forward torpedo doors were clearer and the right shape. Just have to keep looking, might end up winging it.

I found a set for sale, but I'm thinking that they might not be that accurate judging from the side view on the site;

Also, I've decided to do my boat as the Arkangel and will have to ask that Wayne guy if I can use one of his pictures to get a decal made.
      Does anyone know the K number for the Arkangel?

Comment

• gerwalk
        • Dec 2004

This plans are the best

This plans are the best you can find (though they have some errors as well):

Scroll down to find them. Forget about the deepdesigns plans.

In any case it is always clever to check the details with photos of the subject you are modelling.

BTW: I have the impression that al leats the Arkangelsk had an overall black paint scheme with the sonar windows in a different color (maybe red as suggested by Alanger) during the launch ceremony (ca 1983). I'm under the impression that the red lower hull is something they did on later.

Tom?

Comment

• flateric
          • Jul 2009

courtesy by KAF

this is first

courtesy by KAF

this is first 941 hull (shipyard No.711, TK-208, Dmitry Donskoy as of 23.09.1980) having more 'puffy' nose at the top

drawings are made from original shipyard documentation and the most accurate to the date AFAIK in terms of geometry

meantime, they have some details missing - so use photos to check up, or go buy Severodvinsk plans - they are based on the same drawings, but reworked with zillion details added

I have them, too, but won't post due to obvious things

Comment

• intruder500

Alanger Typhoon

Hi:

where did you find an Alanger Typhoon? I have been looking all over creation for one! I bought the DML Dragon kit and I am thinking about redoing the aft section. That's why I am here actually. Looking for hints tips, and other tidbits to help the build go a bit smoother.

Stephen C.
            "Spaz"
            Intruder500

Comment

Working...
            X