X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petn7
    • Jun 2003

where can i find static models? - where to buy

where online can i find a wide array of static models like 1/250 alfa class sub?
  • petn7
    • Jun 2003

anybody know where i can

anybody know where i can find CN models like 1/280 alfa or viriginia or seawolf subs? i'm looking for places besides ebay

Comment

• seawolf
      • Mar 2003

hi petn7 - the only

hi petn7 - the only place I know to find the CN's model is on Ebay

for your information, if ur expecting a detail or accurate Seawolf model for 1/250 from CN, get ready to get disapointed - I got one, buy it from ebay.

The so-called seawolf is actually a LA class (improved) hull - u can see the VLS tubes on the kit, and also the anti foul area which after I compare it with my Dragon's LA(improved) USS Hampton is the same.

I don't know about the Virginia class (the picture in the box shown a Seawolf - not the number - '21').

Other catastropy on CN's Seawolf kit, the kit contain a sticker of the ship's name which is NOT Seawolf but DALLAS ?

Comment

• petn7
        • Jun 2003

thanks for the heads up.

thanks for the heads up. i may buy from ebay after all. i don't care about the detail...i just want a hull that's the right size. what are those model sub's dimensions? oh, and did the assembly go together well?

Comment

• seawolf
          • Mar 2003

petn7, the lenght is correct

petn7, the lenght is correct for Seawolf 1/200, but the diameter size is not that accurate.

this kit contains, 2 towed array housing and Seawolf class styled Wide Aperature Array (6 pieces).

sorry I don't have the detail picture of this kit, but maybe u can check my site (I contain some error so please excuse me) for some picture of CN Seawolf 1/200]http://www.geocities.com/zeawolves77/MSubs.htm[/url]

note that the sail has been replace by the scratch build one. The original sail is too big and high.

Comment

• petn7
            • Jun 2003

well, i got a friend

well, i got a friend to bid for me and i got the akula, YAY! oh, and now it's time to go for the seawolf and virginia subs...

anybody else have any opinions on the quality of these subs?

Comment

• seawolf
              • Mar 2003

well petn7, congrats on the

well petn7, congrats on the Akula, I'll wait for ur review then

hope Virginia class will be more accurate, please inform if u got one ok ?

Comment

• petn7
                • Jun 2003

sry, but i'm not gonna

sry, but i'm not gonna get the seawolf or virginia. now that i have the akula, i'm gonna try to get the alfa. from what i've heard, the hull from the akula is prolly gonna be the same as it is from the alfa...which for me, is gonna be a good thing.

Comment

• petn7
                  • Jun 2003

i got the alfa, yipeeee!

i got the alfa, yipeeee! now i'll compare how the 2 kits differ...

Comment

• seawolf
                    • Mar 2003

petn7, I'm kinda glad u

petn7, I'm kinda glad u didn't buy the Seawolf one hehe (due to the inproper accurate model), oh yeah, as far as I know, the Akula and Alfa is not in a same scale ? is it true ?

Comment

• petn7
                      • Jun 2003

they are not. the akula

they are not. the akula is 1/280 and the alfa is 1/200. this is prolly due to the fact that the akula is larger in size in real life than the alfa and CN Models most likely wanted the model of these 2 subs to be roughly the same size. this is why think both models have the same hull.

Comment

• petn7
                        • Jun 2003

ok, i got my akula

ok, i got my akula and alfa subs. as expected the hulls are exactly the same, as are bow planes, props (8 blades) and sail. the differences lie in the tail fins and sonar pod (as expected)

anyhoo, off to work...

Comment

Working...
                        X