• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fx models
    • Feb 2003

Latest Cool Project

Hi,
    I saw sometime ago that some folks were interested in NR-1. We have to build 20+ of them in 1/72 scale for a client and are thinking of offering it as a kit. It is all finished and is quite accurate. Jeff LaRue did the etched brass frets for us so we have etched brass as well for many of the small details. Here are a couple shots so far. All molds are made and the image of the sail and top casing are of copy number 1 for the client.

Let me know if NR-1 is interesting to you! The only thing is that ALL client models will be delivered prior to any additional ordering of NR-1 either as a kit or as a finished model. We will have a complete expose on our web site about NR-1 and the making of the model once we obtain approval to put it up.

Thanks
    Marc

This image shows the forward Starboard side of the boat. The wells with the shiny white stuff are the bow thruster ducts that have etched brass gratings and bezels (more later on that). This is a shot of the master prior to molding.

This is the Starboard side showing the sail without planes for the moment and missing the white dash in between NR and '1'. This is copy number 1 for the client.

This is one NR-1 worth of brass etched parts. The bottom pieces are the thruster gratings and bezels, while the other pieces are various light cages, vents, and guards. In the background is the hull master with the bottom facing the camera. There is a detailed instrument pallete that inserts forward of the viewports in that squarish space but is not shown in this image.
  • fx models
    • Feb 2003

Just a couple more images

Just a couple more images showing some more of the details on the NR1.. To answer the question I received, the windshield is a vacuformed piece.

This image shows the overall view of the sail/casing/hull of the NR1. The hull is the master as we dont have the part from the mold yet. That is happening tomorrow, 5/1/03

This image shows a full port side view of the sail with sail planes this time. The only thing missing is a rope guard that connects the two sail planes across the front. You can also see the etched brass vents on the side of the sail right next to the bridge opening and to the left of the "N".

Full Starboard face view showing rivet pattern detailing aft on the sail, the hatch to enter the sail (which has a fully detailed hatch), and the etched brass vents again on the side of the sail near the "1".

Let me know if you have any other questions and thanks,

Marc

Comment

• fx models
      • Feb 2003

And one last one to

And one last one to show more detail on the forward casing...

In this view, the tow camera housing is the black housing forward on the casing, and has an etched brass rope guard above it. Immediately aft of the housing and almost touching it is a flat ballast tank vent which is etched brass and is black so it is tricky to see but is there in the image. The MBT vents 1 and 2 are square affairs with a grating and as such do not resemble a typical MBT vent. The "M" shaped salvage pad sits aft of the MBT vent and forward of the sail. These are more detailed than we made them although we have molds for the complete salvage pads. In the interest of setting up photos we used the simplified pads.

I hope you find NR-1 as interesting as we have!!!

Thanks

Marc

Comment

Working...
      X