L.A. Flood Port Features - Need documentation of louver details.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diane paterson
    • Oct 2005

L.A. Flood Port Features - Need documentation of louver details.

??? Although I have a general idea of the construction of the louvers covering the Los Angeles flood ports, I only have a depiction of one of the forward ones on my Greg Sharp plans. As far as the rest are concerned, I'll have to exprapolate. I really need more information if I am going to reproduce these accurately at 1/120 scale. Any tips on how to make them would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking that I may have to use soldered brass construction (Whew!!). Hope there's an easier way.
  • steveuk
    • Oct 2005

Hello again Diane - we're

Hello again Diane - we're both on LA's at the moment

Are you talking about these..

I would cut the drill the holes out and then make a small jig of pins to string the grills with either very thin fuse wire and glue them to a small backing (cut just larger than the flood port openings) then glue this unit in behind the open flood port.

Hope I'm not barking up the wrong tree.

Of course if you were experienced with photo (acid) etching you could manufacture your own little grills out of thin brass sheet simply by transferring a printout of them.

Comment

• diane paterson
      • Oct 2005

]

Edited By Diane Paterson on

[color=#000000]]

Edited By Diane Paterson on 1130789474

Comment

• mkeatingss
        • Nov 2003

Diane, I have drawings from

Diane, I have drawings from the Quals Manual of a 637. Though the shape may be different, the layout should be similar. If you want a copy, email me at << mkeatingss@cox.net >>, and I'll send it.

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X