X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gerwalk
    • Dec 2004

New Seawolf injected model - Bronco 1/350

This is a new injected plastic model of the SSN-21 and 22. It's going to be released soon (if it is not already released)
    It looks quite well and the price is not bad at all (2520 a 2400 Yen, about 22$)
    Decals seems to be produced by an italian company (which is a common thing for japanese kits these days)

Seawolf 1/350

Does anybody has info or opinions about this kit?
  • seawolf
    • Mar 2003

wow, great kit. maybe it

wow, great kit. maybe it is the long awaited 1/350 Seawolf from Dragon?

Comment

I doubt it, but even

I doubt it, but even if it was, I'm still disappointed. It looks like nothing more than a resized Trumpeter kit, right down to the bad bow, sail, and propulsor, among other flaws.

Comment

• tom dougherty
        • Jul 2005

From the photo, the bow

From the photo, the bow looks too blunt, it should be a nicely rounded cap. Take a look at the Carter photo]http://www.navsource.org/archives/08/08002301.jpg[/url]

Also, am I seeing VLS hatches forward of the sail on the model? Not on the Seawolf...

Comment

The bow shape appears correct,

The bow shape appears correct, but the hull break between the GRP dome and the hull is not correct. The demarcation should be farther aft. It is hard to tell if it has VLS hatches or not from the above image conclusively. If it does, this model kit company looses all creditability. If so, they should perhaps stick to toy doll houses or something like that. The stern adhedral fin angle is wrong, it is not 135 degrees from the vertical, but 105 degrees from the vertical. The Thor kit is perfect. A gray upper hull? Yawn! It was probably painted that color for product photography reasons, showing the top detail (such as it is) better. When will these model airplane kit makers selling submarines ever get it right? The information to produce an accurate kit is far from secret, minus the PJ. No excuses.

The kit seems basically correct or stated better, rather nothing that cannot be fixed & corrected after the research. A very basic rudimentary kit for it's high $22.00 price.

Steve Reichmuth

Edited By Dolphin on 1128132869

Comment

• sam reichart
            Past President
            • Feb 2003

meh...the real Seawolf always reminds

meh...the real Seawolf always reminds me of a loaded gun, ready to go off. just something downright sinister about that boat.

these models, with their weird finish colors and crappy shape just don't cut it.

pardon me while I go fondle my Thor 'wolf...

Comment

Working...
            X