X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tom dougherty
    • Jul 2005

More new resin 1/350 submarines

Iron Shipwrights has released the following kits with resin hulls and 3-D printed sail, rudder and planes, propellers, and masts:

USS Cobbler (SS 344) in her final Guppy III conversion. Includes Prairie-Masker system on hull and propellers
    USS Seawolf (SSN 575) in her Ocean Engineering-Special Projects configuration
    USS Wahoo (SS 565) Post WWII diesel in final configuration with PUFFS installations
    USS Dolphin (SS 555). The deep diving diesel submarine
    USS Marlin (SST-2). Postwar training submarine
    USS Bonita (SSK 3) In the SSK killer configuration with BQR-4 bow sonar)

Full disclosure: I have been working with Jon Warneke, providing drawings, photos, etc. for these model kits. I am not an employee of Iron Shipwrights nor do I receive any financial compensation. My interest is helping him field a line of submarines, most of which have rarely or never been available as kits, for the submarine modelers (which includes me!).

Earlier kits of interest include USS Seawolf (SSN 575) "as built" and USS Triton (SSN 586). There are also pre-WWII kits of H, L, O, R and S classes, as well as Porpoise, Salmon, Sargo, Tambor, Nautilus and Argonaut.

Something to keep you busy in the winter when the water is hard ( in some areas). Iron Shipwrights: http://ironshipwrights.com/ships_350.html
Working...
X