X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casey thrower
    • Feb 2003

Which holes to open on Revell 1:72 U-boat

I know about the obvious holes but what about the round ones and long square ones below the saddle tanks. Can anyone post which ones stay put and which ones you drill out?
  • havoc
    • May 2004

Heya, Casey,

I'm a newbie, so

Heya, Casey,

I'm a newbie, so I am not qualified to answer your question. That being said, I gotta wonder... If people are planning on openning up all of the RG VIIC's flood holes, etc. on the hull and utilizing the beautful photo etched decks about to hit the market, doesn't this mean that there is going to be a heck of a lot of holes to allow people to see inside the kit (not to mention allowing light leaks, etc)...?

So what are people doing about what you can see through the holes (other than painting the interior of the kit black) inside the craft since the kit does not have any interior, etc. Just curious!!

Thanks, folks!!

Many Regards and Much Aloha,

Johnny B.

Comment

• randy wise
      • Mar 2004

Hey Guys,

I've opened everything up

Hey Guys,

I've opened everything up on my hull. Where the pressure hull appears behind the holes in the hull I'm using sheet styrene painted a primer red then weathered before it goes into place.

Regards,

Randy

Comment

• jeffrey j
        • Apr 2004

hi Johnny,
        I ran into

hi Johnny,
        I ran into this problem on my type IX in 1/32nd scale, using bulkheads built into the hull, I had to leave out the scale holes and slots that would cause leaks.... If you do a WTC, you won't have to worry, same for seeing inside this hull, its so small I don't think you will see much... Jeff J.
        P.S. my type IX is the one that appears in the
        "Your ad goes here ! " (pop up window) on these pages...... good luck..
        Too old to Rock- n- Roll, too young to die ! Subs are just my speed......

Comment

• havoc
          • May 2004

Heya, Guys,

Thanks for the replies!

Heya, Guys,

Thanks for the replies! Nice build up Jeff --- that camo looks pretty cool... Any clearer pictures around of your sub?

And that's a great idea on making the inside of the pressure hull with styrene, Randy --- begs the question, any ideas where we can find photos of the pressure hull with the deck plates pulled up...?

Thanks again for the help!!!!!!

Aloha, boys,

Johnny B

Comment

• JWLaRue
            Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
            • Aug 1994

Hi Johnny,

There aren't a lot

[color=#000000]Hi Johnny,

There aren't a lot of 'strutural' photos around.....but I'd start with Fritz Kohl's "Vom Original Zum Modell]
            Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• havoc
              • May 2004

Thanks, Jeff!

Much obliged for the

Thanks, Jeff!

Much obliged for the push in the right direction...should I open the holes or go with photo etch, I wanted to make sure that there was something correct-ish for people to see (and not just some embossed lettering reading "MADE IN GERMANY")

Thanks again!

Regards and Aloha,

John

PS I am waiting to see my buddy at my next club meeting to ask him where he got his info from concerning the red vs. black hull colors...

Comment

Working...
              X