• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seaman hornsby
    SubCommittee Member
    • Aug 2015

New Submarine Kit.April 2021.

Mr. Bill Wright of "Bill's Bits n Pieces" has done it again and created 3 NEW outstanding Israeli submarine models in 1/350 scale.. Just add paint, masts and other items, and you will have detailed, accurate Israeli submarine models that you will be proud to display.
    In the current headlines, the naval action between Israel and Iran is at the forefront almost daily.
    I bought all three.
    They can be found at shapeways.com. (Shapeways 3-D printing service). click Industries, and then consumer.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	shapeways  Bibi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	138348
    Last edited by seaman hornsby; 04-15-2021, 08:25 AM.
  • coryhenry
    • Jun 2020

Links don't appear to work?

Comment

• seaman hornsby
      SubCommittee Member
      • Aug 2015

Thank you Sir. I removed them for here. They work on other sites I posted this, but not here. Anyhow, THANK YOU for bring it to my attention.......sbr.

Comment

• salmon
        Treasurer
        • Jul 2011

If you go to shapeways, then search for Israeli Dolfin submarine, it should show up.
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• seaman hornsby
          SubCommittee Member
          • Aug 2015

That's just it. There is no search bar on their front page. And I complained to Bill about that. I hope he passed my complaint along to shapeways. And I would try "Dolphin" first, and then if that doesn't work try Dolfin. Anyhow. No big deal. I hope ya'll take a look at them. The surface texture of the 1/350 are a tiny bit rough. But one coat of paint should smooth it out. Bill explained to me why the material was a tad rough, but I don't remember his comment on that, seem like it was the nature of the plastic. As for the masts and seaweed catcher, I'll probably take them from a factory kit. Not sure yet on the seaweed catcher(stern planes metal band). I don't think the Dolphins have seaweed catcher if I remember right. But a lot of the worlds submarines that go shallow do. In the below pic, if you look close at the rudder, you can see the seaweed snagger bands are there in place. That is IF that is what that band is for................sbr.Click image for larger version

Name:	1280px-GalClassSub.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	906.5 KB
ID:	135847
          Last edited by seaman hornsby; 04-15-2021, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• seaman hornsby
            SubCommittee Member
            • Aug 2015

Comment

• seaman hornsby
              SubCommittee Member
              • Aug 2015

Bill now has the 1/350 Israeli Dolphin 2 submarines with different finishes, and prices range from $43.00-81.00. The $80.00 one has a smooth clear texture/finish. https://www.shapeways.com/product/LJ...fwkP0dwmtJ8xcM

Comment

Working...
              X